6 + 2 Point Deductions

Another club not realising we have still had 6 points and 2 wins taken from us. Put the points on the board then Brentford and stop relying on other teams getting points taken. They all want an easy ride to safety.

What is this narrative that giving us 4 points back is giving us some kind of unfair advantage?
It's like we have just been handed 4 points for no reason. Another things that bugs me is that theres media reports of this being a succesfull appeal in my opnion a succesfull appeal would have been all 10 back and an apology from the PL.

We're still in a 3 way mini league to avoid 18th and will be until the end of the season...or later, depending when they hit us for a 2nd time and Forest for a 1st time.

Onfield Results will then be the thing, nicely letting the PL and Masters off the hook somewhat

* makes mystical hand guesture* no govt regulation required here, these aren't the group you need to regulate - move on.
Are you discounting Brentford who we are above?

Sadly I think that that is almost inescapable.

However there is a lot more to happen before then .

Forget the 2nd points deduction, what about if the takeover fails?
Moshiri hasn't become skint overnight
He will keep it going till somebody buys it off him. Might take a drop in price but that's better than getting nothing if we go bust.

It's like we have just been handed 4 points for no reason. Another things that bugs me is that theres media reports of this being a succesfull appeal in my opnion a succesfull appeal would have been all 10 back and an apology from the PL.
Yeah, I think the overall reaction outside of Everton would have been markedly different if we had just gotten a 6-point deduction now rather than having had to carry the 10-point deduction in the table for so long already and having it reduced now.

The way they did it gives everyone a sense that we've somehow gained something, even though obviously we've only ever lost it - just in varying amounts. Nothing should have ever been deducted until after the appeals process was exhausted. The way they did it is ludicrous.

We're still in a 3 way mini league to avoid 18th and will be until the end of the season...or later, depending when they hit us for a 2nd time and Forest for a 1st time.

Onfield Results will then be the thing, nicely letting the PL and Masters off the hook somewhat

* makes mystical hand guesture* no govt regulation required here, these aren't the group you need to regulate - move on.
It's up to us now to go out and win games, simple as that, we are 5 points clear of the bottom 3 at the moment, win some games over the next few weeks and we'll be well clear.. points won on the pitch would see us 11 points clear we are a far better team than our astrex position suggests so there is no reason that we can't score more points than Luton over the remaning games.

Specifically

Our deduction 8 max:

217. We have taken into account the fact that, under rule E.35, a PL club suffers a nine point deduction on an "Event of Insolvency". Mr Rabinowitz submitted, with some force, that an Event of Insolvency is an inevitably more serious matter for the relevant club in respect of its sustainability, and so for the integrity of the PL as a competition; which is indicative that a nine or more point penalty for the Club in respect of its breach of the PSR would be too high. The two penalties are not, in our view, directly comparable because, as Mr Lewis pointed out, the nine point penalty under rule E.35 is automatic and may be accompanied by other disciplinary sanctions for breaches of other rules which an Event of Insolvency (or the underlying circumstances) may trigger. Nevertheless, we found this submission by Mr Rabinowitz to have some force. It suggests that the ten point penalty here was internally inconsistent within the framework of the PL Rules.

Forest 8 reduced by 50%

214. We have also had regard to the cases which have been determined on the basis of the EFL P&S Rules and Guidelines. Mr Rabinowitz specifically referred us to Sheffield Wednesday (see, e.g., paragraph 91 of the Club's Written Submissions).

In that case, the club had exceeded the EFL upper loss threshold by 46.7% (equivalent of a £49m overspend in the PL, compared with the Club's overspend of just under {20m), and the club had a worsening trend of losses. The club offered no explanation for its losses, having spent 168.1% of its entire turnover in the last year of the relevant period on wages alone.

The case, it was submitted, was

therefore in every respect more serious than this case; but a deduction of only six points was made. However, that submission fails to take into account that the Commission in that case was minded to deduct 12 points, but for the mitigation of the club having sold its ground shortly after the relevant period which, had the ground been sold less than three weeks earlier, would have meant that the P&S Rules would not have been breached at all. That was the reason why the Commission reduced the deduction from 12 points to six (see [113]). We deal with the mitigation relied on by the Club below (see paragraphs 220-224); but the Club has no golden mitigation point such as that.
Have Forest sold their ground?

Yeah, I think the overall reaction outside of Everton would have been markedly different if we had just gotten a 6-point deduction now rather than having had to carry the 10-point deduction in the table for so long already and having it reduced now.

The way they did it gives everyone a sense that we've somehow gained something, even though obviously we've only ever lost it - just in varying amounts. Nothing should have ever been deducted until after the appeals process was exhausted. The way they did it is ludicrous.
Things like this are always reduced on appeal, that's why they went in hard the first time because they knew an appeal would see some points back, and Everton would be happy, and the PL nailed it with the club coming out and saying that we are happy that the appeal got points back. It may happen with the second breach too they'll nail us hard expecting a points return on appeal.

No he didn’t. He said clubs can’t sue each other. He said 5 clubs will seek compensation from the Pl.
No he said clubs can’t directly sue each other. He said the clubs have to go to the independent commission with their case. Which they did when they wanted to be a part of the investigation. The commission told them they can’t be part of the process against us, but once a decision and appeal has been completed, they then have 28 days to get back in touch with the commission. The commission will look at each case per club and decide if and what compo we have to pay.

It's up to us now to go out and win games, simple as that, we are 5 points clear of the bottom 3 at the moment, win some games over the next few weeks and we'll be well clear.. points won on the pitch would see us 11 points clear we are a far better team than our astrex position suggests so there is no reason that we can't score more points than Luton over the remaning games.
Off course taking the Liverpool game away, as thats called off if they beat Saints tomorrow, these are the next 6 games going into md April. for me we have to win our 2 home games, and pretty much all the other home games

West Ham Home - Sat
Man Utd Away - 9th March
Bournemouth Away - 30th March
Newcastle Away - 3rd April
Burnley Home - 6th April
Chelsea Away - 13th April

Things like this are always reduced on appeal, that's why they went in hard the first time because they knew an appeal would see some points back, and Everton would be happy, and the PL nailed it with the club coming out and saying that we are happy that the appeal got points back. It may happen with the second breach too they'll nail us hard expecting a points return on appeal.
I broadly agree with you but I do wonder whether they can let the second charge drag on so long. Surely there's a huge incentive for everyone to get it wrapped up before the seasons end. This is my hope as to why we may avoid another points deduction.

Off course taking the Liverpool game away, as thats called off if they beat Saints tomorrow, these are the next 6 games going into md April. for me we have to win our 2 home games, and pretty much all the other home games

West Ham Home - Sat
Man Utd Away - 9th March
Bournemouth Away - 30th March
Newcastle Away - 3rd April
Burnley Home - 6th April
Chelsea Away - 13th April

called off? so they get more time?