Are you a still a football fan or solely an Evertonian these days?

F1 is back this week, which is always a welcome antidote to football.

I’m sure it’ll be another Red Bull domination this year, some of the races are held in Human Rights abusing sheikhdoms, and dodgy officiating is always possible, but it is so much more of a real sport in my eyes than football has been for a long time.

I did try catch the games when could on tv and watch motd or just highlights on yt if was busy. All just eveton is all fine for other clubs. We have had what feels like a full season and still going about talking on off field things a takover well over the limit, ffp still going on. Sad when actually talking about the game players manager is a second thought

Everton only, I come down from Scotland to watch them 4/5 per season limited only as I have grandkids I watch playing football over the weekend.

I take a slight interest how my local teams Stenhousemuir and Falkirk are doing.
Other than us I'll watch the odd game live on TV but no other team in particular.

Despite living in Scotland for 44 years my kids and grandkids all support Everton which I'm proud of.
That was a mad result the other day.

I was football mad. As a kid I was one of the few footballers in a rugby focused school. I played for years and gave my left knee to the cause. I coached school footie after school and ran matches at weekends, even though I wasn't a pe teacher. I coached girls football at school in the early 90s before it was anything like common, I even came 30th out of 1 5 million globally in one of the early telegraph fantasy league competitions, in which I was 2nd among all the Everton fans. Back then I would know most names in most squads in the top flight.

Now I've got to the point that I didn't even know it was the league Cup (or whatever an advertiser pays other people to call it) final this weekend. I couldn't tell you more than 1 players name in any other club ... in fact I think I'd struggle to do this outside of Man C & Man U and is Firminho still at the rs? I'm relegated to looking up team selection and the result of Everton games after the event - a nasty habit I would like to be able to break.

That's how little of my time and interest I invest today. The game has become a vile cesspit of corruption with clearly obvious choreographing. Its there to feed gambling markets and create brands to sell to overseas sofas so sky can collect yet more cash. The money is so flooded the market, I provably have mire in common with an opposing rs fan than I do with the millionaires who play for Everton.

Our game has been robbed by the wealthy and greedy and sold back to those who can either afford the subscription without blinking, or the hopelessly addicted. I'm not buying into it, because its not the game I grew up with, it's tedious and stagnant with endemic cheating clear from every angle. I refuse to invest interest because 1. they destroyed the historic meaning I had invested in when "football was invented by the prem in 92" and 2. I have some self respect and don't want to look like an utter mug by being taken in.

(Not reading all that.)
Amen

Top level football is a dead sport. It’s an entertainment show now, similar to WWE. I still love the actual sport of football though so I’ve been going to watch my local non league team regularly for a few years. Proper competitive games, no VAR, go into any game believing you can win whether it’s away to top of the league or at home to rock bottom. Every game isn’t some pressure cooker environment where everyone in the crowd is on edge and tense. It’s just fun, which is what football always used to be in the first place.

Haven`t watched Match of the Day for months, but still watch the EFL highlights on Quest.

I really like Colin Murray as a presenter and he really knows his lower league stuff.

What`s the point in watching footy, where the only ambition of the majority of the teams ( inc us ) is to stay in the league and on the gravy train.

I`ve been to more Sale Sharks games over the past three years, than Everton games too, how sad is that.
I said I'd take the wife to Goodison for her first UK football game, but I'm not sure I should though. She thinks it'll be fun. I think it'll be pain misery and me explaining why 27stone Dars are hurling abuse at that nice looking no. 9.

I guess it'd be authentic, like. Maybe rugby might be a safer happier bet?

Haven`t watched Match of the Day for months, but still watch the EFL highlights on Quest.

I really like Colin Murray as a presenter and he really knows his lower league stuff.

What`s the point in watching footy, where the only ambition of the majority of the teams ( inc us ) is to stay in the league and on the gravy train.

I`ve been to more Sale Sharks games over the past three years, than Everton games too, how sad is that.

Going to Goodison Park at the moment appeals to me as much as getting involved in a multi-car pile up on the M6.

It's hard enough watching Everton let alone anyone else! Everton foremost, Premier League second. I used to enjoy watching the European cup games but they are so boring now. I enjoyed the days when it wasn't so dominated by English clubs, when a team like Galatasaraay could tear one of the best teams apart like Man Utd. Watching Man Utd in Europe in the 90's was enjoyable, I felt they found their match a lot of the time and it was never easy for them.

Just Everton.

Way back when I used to watch loads of Champions League and other prem games. Very rarely can be arsed doing that these days.

I said I'd take the wife to Goodison for her first UK football game, but I'm not sure I should though. She thinks it'll be fun. I think it'll be pain misery and me explaining why 27stone Dars are hurling abuse at that nice looking no. 9.

I guess it'd be authentic, like. Maybe rugby might be a safer happier bet?

You have to strategically pick your game. I took mine to the derby in Dec 2021. Goodison Park under the lights, surely she will be touched? What a horror show that was. Atmosphere was flat and we couldn't get anywhere near them.

Everton and international football only. The rest is just a fixed doping circus with the same clubs winning everything. All media outlets are moving towards only covering certain teams which rather than helping them survive is just turning off the majority of their viewership. Football focus has gone, won’t be long before match of the day does, I don’t know anyone who watches it now apart from fans of the sky six. The echo isn’t worth reading whatsoever, same with most sports newspapers now.

They’ll all die a death and it will serve them right they killed the golden goose of fair competition because of their obsession with making money centred around only a few teams.

Uk fans are now more than ever engaged in NFL and NBA, it’s no surprise why, draft picks, salary caps, new teams being successful every year, the chance of any team winning, a level playing field. Fans want to see fair competition and the PL is just fixed entertainment for sky six fans.