2023/24 Jack Harrison

Fully expect him to be bought. If there's one thing the club absolutely excels at its buying dross that the current manager inexplicably loves. Lamps, the obese one, Carlo, Koeman, Silva all got players bought for them when it either didn't make financial or footballing sense. Sometimes both.

He’s not world class granted. He’s a steady premier league player like it or not but I’m not sure any one would be made to look better than they are in a Dyche side. Especially not forward players.

He’s holding hands with the Right back most weeks.

He’d be a good player under the right manager. As he was with Bielsa.

His work rate is top draw. Apart from when he first came he’s always been available. I think he’d do much better under a much better manager. Saying that I think they all would.

Perhaps it’s not the players who need changing…

He's a very tidy player - who definitely improves us - and one of the few proper footballers in our squad. He can beat a man and score a goal. His energy is first class and when he has a decent RB behind him we'll see the best of him. Dyche's tactics have him too deep though. I honestly don't get the hate for him. Trust me on this. I'm never wrong with judging players.

He's a very tidy player - who definitely improves us - and one of the few proper footballers in our squad. He can beat a man and score a goal. His energy is first class and when he has a decent RB behind him we'll see the best of him. Dyche's tactics have him too deep though. I honestly don't get the hate for him. Trust me on this. I'm never wrong with judging players.
Personally think you'll be wrong on this one, from what I've seen of him + heard from Leeds fans he's a very inconsistent player, i think that's been pretty evident since he joined.
Is he 'very tidy'? He's a work horse who presses well but is he actually that good? What are his stand out qualities? He's not particularly fast, loses the ball a lot, final ball dreadful at times and his passing is a standout weakness for me. I honestly cannot understand how anyone can watch him play and think 'proper tidy player him' think he's as average as they come.

We have not replaced Richies goals (below), which is a big problem.

1709040661339.png