Relegation 23/24 Thread

What might keep us up is that we have the fourth best defence in the league (at the moment). Keep Pickford, Mykolenko, Branthwaite and Tarkowski fit and I think we are ok.

Go back to playing coleman, patterson and hell even young at RB and I think we perform better overall. Dyche has been a little blinded by godfrey's good game against spurs. We aren't a good passing side generally, but I think the recent switch to Godfrey and Gueye as favoured in the first XI (2 of the worst passers in the team) over players that are more technically gifted has made us look even worse in recent weeks. Yes I know it's all relative. Onana and Patterson aren't world beaters, but I think we should go back to playing the the best possible players we can as opposed to grafters now the fixtures turn to an easier run. We should have already done this for the palace game.

I'd bring Onana and Patterson back in for the weekend. At the very least it should be Coleman at right back.

Also, they changed the rules so teams are hit in the same season. But we will have been hit for multiple years in one season. Not sure how that is fair either. If we get another deduction, it should be rolled over to next season.

Bit of wind behind us with this latest news......

West Ham to beat Brentford this evening...
Everton to get some luck and put in a performance on Saturday to get 3 points
Luton, Palace and Forest all to get beat

We will be sitting pretty in 13th come Saturday 5pm and 8 points clear of the bottom 3.

Stop wetting the bed, we are not getting relegated.

There is nothing wrong with being worried about relegation

Nothing wrong with it at all

People are allowed to be worried

If you don't like that then ignore their posts

We're still well in the mix and there's possibly more points to be taken off of us

I'm glad you're so cocksure that we're staying up, but if others aren't then there's nothing wrong with that and the "bed wetting" bollocks is not only a crappy way to treat your fellow Blues, but there is also zero basis for your view to supersede the alternative view at this current moment in time when you consider where we are in the table and the possibility of impending sanctions from the governing body

Can we all just stop being such a gaggle of c words over this particular issue please?

FFS

Last edited:

Also, they changed the rules so teams are hit in the same season. But we will have been hit for multiple years in one season. Not sure how that is fair either. If we get another deduction, it should be rolled over to next season.

If we are going to get the same punishment as forest, take it this season. With Leeds, Leicester, Southampton or Ipswich coming up next year the quality of the league goes up massively. We'll potentially need a level playing field next year.

Bit of wind behind us with this latest news......

West Ham to beat Brentford this evening...
Everton to get some luck and put in a performance on Saturday to get 3 points
Luton, Palace and Forest all to get beat

We will be sitting pretty in 13th come Saturday 5pm and 8 points clear of the bottom 3.
West Ham seen their results in the last 5 games - worse than us - we just need to beat them next home game ...

We're still well in the mix and there's possibly more points to be taken off of us

I'm glad you're so cocksure that we're staying up, but if others aren't then there's nothing wrong with that and the "bed wetting" bollocks is not only a crappy thing to do be doing to fellow Blues but there is also zero basis for your view to supersede the alternative view at this current moment in time

Can we all just stop being such a gaggle of c words over this particular issue please?

JMFC

we’re allowed
to worry still as the second charge makes us nervous but just try to win as many as poss

We can’t until the second hearing is out of the way.

Nobody should be happy or accepting this outcome. The protests need to get louder than ever.

Definitely need to keep feet to the coals with that second charge looming

If they hit us hard with that then we're in real trouble

Hopefully there's some "not good enough PL" banners on the way, or something to that effect

I'm glad you're so cocksure that we're staying up, but if others aren't then there's nothing wrong with that and the "bed wetting" bollocks is not only a crappy thing to do be doing to fellow Blues but there is also zero basis for your view to supersede the alternative view at this current moment in time
We're not going down Mikey, I'm a glass half full guy when it comes to Everton and that mantra has never let me down.
I have every right to criticise those banging on about relegation just as you have about having a go at me about being positive, I don't have a problem with that.
I just think the constant negativity is depressing and on a day when we get 4 points back we could be a little more upbeat.
I know which side of the fence I'd rather sit on.

Forest were expected to find out whether they were being done last week accoring to Percy. I assume the hold up was because of our appeal.

I think we will here this week about our second breach.