Relegation 23/24 Thread

Wouldn’t say they have unlimited money. Pretty sure their net isn’t much more than ours, difference is they bought good players, we bought absolute garbage.

Difference is the top clubs can attract the better players my friend.

Everton could never pay Salah 300k like Liverpool can. Everton could never entice players like Alison to leave a team in the Champions League like Liverpool could.

Hence why we were signing players like Siggurdsson and cast offs from the big clubs. Newcastle have recruited better than we have after spending big money but you can still see the pitfalls when they're targetting players like Dan Burn, Anthony Gordon & Nick Pope.

hammers h ---------------1
ineos fc a -----------------0
kloppites h ---------------0
bourneville a -------------1
new brown ale a ---------0
Dyche former side h -----3
abramovich fc a----------0
lots of trees h ------------3
maupay derby h ---------1
bLueton a ----------------1
stainless steel h ----------3
arteta money a ----------0

21 points currently. + 13 = 34 points and very probably relegated. 4 points back on appeal could save us. And the world will scream 'fix'.
If we survive, and have a huge turnover of players in the summer, next season will be even more difficult than this, and leicester and leeds will come up and stay up.

To say it's looking grim is somewhat of an understatement.

What? How? We’ll have had a 6 point deduction?

Wouldn’t say they have unlimited money. Pretty sure their net isn’t much more than ours, difference is they bought good players, we bought absolute garbage.
I`d say they went for a good coach, that has more of an impact in the rise of a club than anything else, just look back through history with Sir Alex Ferguson, Wenger and now Klopp.

Our board would have never ever in a million years have ever gone for a coach like Wenger or Klopp, how many had heard of them when they were appointed? We picked absolute crap, I even remember Megson being rumoured to get the job at one point, apart from getting Carlo the rest were just crap no one else wanted.

Thats is how we got Dyche, passed up for every single PL job, not hard to see why.

Next man needs to be a proven winner with proven track record and the highest standards......

What? How? We’ll have had a 6 point deduction?
Arsenal take us to the morgue on the last day of the season and wallop us so severe that the ref calls the game on 80 minutes because even the Arsenal fans are booing. After the match he refers to it as 'as close to an act of clemency as he could manage!'. We're 18th in the table. 3 points behind Luton. Then the league cut the 10 point deduction to just 6. Survival by a point on a decision off the field. The country will go spare. Those PL cards reading 'corrupt' will be being sold on ebay for thousands. It'll be like the end of days.

'good times plc'.

Difference is the top clubs can attract the better players my friend.

Everton could never pay Salah 300k like Liverpool can. Everton could never entice players like Alison to leave a team in the Champions League like Liverpool could.

Hence why we were signing players like Siggurdsson and cast offs from the big clubs. Newcastle have recruited better than we have after spending big money but you can still see the pitfalls when they're targetting players like Dan Burn, Anthony Gordon & Nick Pope

Some of Liverpools signings weren’t big megastars tho. Robertson, Diaz, Gakpo, Konate….. etc… even Salah was only 30m.
I`d say they went for a good coach, that has more of an impact in the rise of a club than anything else, just look back through history with Sir Alex Ferguson, Wenger and now Klopp.

Our board would have never ever in a million years have ever gone for a coach like Wenger or Klopp, how many had heard of them when they were appointed? We picked absolute crap, I even remember Megson being rumoured to get the job at one point, apart from getting Carlo the rest were just crap no one else wanted.

Thats is how we got Dyche, passed up for every single PL job, not hard to see why.

Next man needs to be a proven winner with proven track record and the highest standards......
Exactly. All of the RS signings have been players Klopp wanted to play his system. Most of their signings we could of attracted ourselves a few years back. We we’re pretty close to signing Diaz till someone pulled the plug. We just had people in charge that bought any old crap. I can never understand how the F someone thought it was okay to put Tosun on 110k a week or how it’s even happened. He played in a awful league and was probably on around 25k.

Love him or hate him, he isn`t wrong.... Everton will never challenge for a single major honour in the next 50 years....

Its also reductionist nonsense, you can't just walk in say 'i've got standards' and magically afford the best coaches and players on the planet.

Its an utterly meaningless statement from an idiot

The reality of our situation makes the likelihood of getting a proven winner impossible.
We end up with either damaged goods trying to recover their reputation or an up-and-coming manager.

The reality of our situation makes the likelihood of getting a proven winner impossible.
We end up with either damaged goods trying to recover their reputation or an up-and-coming manager.
That`s it, forever to be also ran and the club that just makes up the numbers. Big 6 cannon fodder, that is Everton FC....

We will also not be attracting any good players setting up the way Dyche does, no players want to play in that type of system. Championship players, ex-Burnley players or past retirement age crocks is what we`ve got waiting for us.

What is the point? Just fold the club up and let them have the City to themselves, pretty much theirs already.

I think we stay up this year. I’m more concerned about next season as the PL is likely to be stronger in the bottom half with potentially Leicester, Leeds and Southampton getting promoted. I can’t imagine our squad will be strengthened to any great degree so it is going to be another hard season, assuming we survive this one.

Well this time next week we could be 14 points clear of the drop and we can close the thread or we could be in the relegation zone, such is the crazy situation we find ourselves in. Think I’ll just save the stress and avoid all talk of football for a week and will come back to see which version we end up closer to.