2023/24 Sean Dyche

We don’t have the personnel to do that
I can guarantee most Everton fans would say we have a better squad than Luton this season, they have a go at every team they play, and are much more exciting to watch. I agree our squad is average but our style is down to Dyche rather than the personnel we have, he is not willing to experiment or try new players.

After the novelty of a new stadium wears off , I wonder how many of us will be willing to part with the best part of £1000 a season to watch us finish mid table while watching this version of anti- football?

Any foundations of where we would like to be would be far tougher from the championship. When you employ someone like lampard to play a "better brand of football", following on from years of terrible recruitment, then you have to be more realistic as when to stop, take heed, and level it out. After more years than i care to think about following this club, the past couple of seasons under benitez and lampard were as shambolic as ive seen. Its virtually impossible to go from that to where we would all like to be. We werent just knocking on the trap door. We were kicking it off its hinges. I'll gladly take survival and then address it rather than trying to sell Everton versus rotherham and huddersfield.

Y'know a lot of the discussion about style really reminds me of the Allardyce era and the second half of Ancelotti's season.

I'd much rather see us playing nice togger, but at the minute my concern is accruing points.

I'm not really seeing compelling evidence that teams like Luton or Bournemouth 'having a go' has yielded better results or more points (ignoring our deduction).

I can guarantee most Everton fans would say we have a better squad than Luton this season, they have a go at every team they play, and are much more exciting to watch. I agree our squad is average but our style is down to Dyche rather than the personnel we have, he is not willing to experiment or try new players.
Well we’ve earned 11 more points than Luton.

Is it much better? Really. I dont think there is a massive difference tbh. I dont think the luton manager could get the Everton players playing any different.
I think theres a bit horses for courses. Luton have a lot of young players who are inexperienced so he kind of lets them just play. We've got cloggers who are more structured by the manager as letting them just play would be suicide.
I Dont think dyche is holding anyone back. I dont think they're good enough to play expansive football. Not from what ive seen anyway.

Of course our squad is better than the 3 promoted teams for sure. For me Luton has the worst team on paper in the whole league, but they are over performing as last yr, everyone expected them to be the worst promoting teams in years, as they got promoted with the 4rd lowest budget. They are doing surprisingly well.

Dyche is Dyche, he will make a squad stable and mostly hard to beat, but it's not a long term solution till 2030. I wouldn't sack him, despite the last 2 months, but also not extend his contract. Yes, we should have won with 1 man more yesterday, yes we should have a better home record and won vs Palace, and yes the ingame management is questionable as some of the line ups, no argue with that. Yet I would rather invest the money into the squad next season and swallow the pill of dire football, if he keeps us up. Sacking him would mean a few millions less to spend for a club that is struggling financially.

Not only is Sean Dyche our manager he is the manager we deserve and need at the moment. We have a squad of players, with the exception of 3 or 4, who would struggle to get a game for any other team in the Premier League. A club cannot be mismanaged as badly as we have over the last 10 years and expect to bring in an exciting young manager who is going to play an expansive style of football when you have almost zero creativity and very little pure talent. Currently we are a relegation team, our lot in life is to beat the bottom three, Sean Dyche has very limited ability but that ability is to get enough points to stay up more often than not. We are years away from being competitive, when we do get back to the top half of the league Sean Dyche won’t be in charge but, unfortunately, it is horses for courses at the moment. The important thing to remember is that we done this to ourselves, the people who were running the club ran it into the ground. I know the Premier League is behaving very badly in regard to the loss of points and the appeal but we wouldn’t have been here if we had taken action against Moshiri, Kenwright and Co. years ago.

What half decent managers would want to come to us while we’re in this situation?

If the ownership is sorted and no more points deductions are looming then maybe it can be a reasonable discussion but there’s zero chance of us changing manager under the circumstances we’re in at the moment.
Again that’s utter nonsense, so mangers from abroad, maybe at smaller leagues are
Turning down a job in the premier league. And Everton is still a big name with a top class stadium happening soon and The majority of championship managers would also come here.

Managers have big egos and what to tell
The world how great they’re and love nothing more than doing better than the previous manager.

Dyche is on a horrendous run,
But consistently points out we’re doing better than the last couple of seasons.

He’s staying to sound like Bruce Forsyth on the generation game, when he you to say to the audience, you’re so
Much better than last weeks

Again that’s utter nonsense, so mangers from abroad, maybe at smaller leagues are
Turning down a job in the premier league. And Everton is still a big name with a top class stadium happening soon and The majority of championship managers would also come here.

Managers have big egos and what to tell
The world how great they’re and love nothing more than doing better than the previous manager.

Dyche is on a horrendous run,
But consistently points out we’re doing better than the last couple of seasons.

He’s staying to sound like Bruce Forsyth on the generation game, when he you to say to the audience, you’re so
Much better than last weeks

the club doesn’t know if it’s coming or going

we
aren’t changing managers now

No he needs binning in the summer, not sure what you’ve seen 10yrs at Burnley or a year here to think he’s changing his style
Did when he first come we went for games it hink he does deserve a chance, agree with you that we do need to see more from him to be here longer. Who would you want to come in that is realistic

Any foundations of where we would like to be would be far tougher from the championship. When you employ someone like lampard to play a "better brand of football", following on from years of terrible recruitment, then you have to be more realistic as when to stop, take heed, and level it out. After more years than i care to think about following this club, the past couple of seasons under benitez and lampard were as shambolic as ive seen. Its virtually impossible to go from that to where we would all like to be. We werent just knocking on the trap door. We were kicking it off its hinges. I'll gladly take survival and then address it rather than trying to sell Everton versus rotherham and huddersfield.
We’ve been prioritising survival for at least 20years now.
In the process the Everton I started watching in the 60s has gradually dissipated and vanished.
We are generally viewed as an irrelevant club , expected to finish somewhere mid table usually playing a form of limited football.
I stress this precedes Dyche by decades , he is just the latest in line of ‘survival’ managers.
Personally I feel as long we continue we prioritiise survival over everything else we will never recover what we have lost.
We have become a cowardly club , desperate to retain our top league status at all costs.
Football should be about the pursuit of excellence with ambition and risk.
Everton have ossified into a nothing club and that is a betrayal of the traditions of this once great and storied club.
But it remains an excuse for a few beers with family and friends every couple of weeks so that’s ok , right ?

Did when he first come we went for games it hink he does deserve a chance, agree with you that we do need to see more from him to be here longer. Who would you want to come in that is realistic
I haven’t any names, because I don’t really follow European football, some good young managers in the championship. I just want to see us play fast attacking football and be on the front foot. Going after teams, especially at home, obviously it’s not as black and white as that, as you will have to change your tactics v a Liverpool or city. And good managers can do that. Dyche has one way whether it’s city away or Doncaster away.

He’s so stuck in the dark ages, he ain’t changing and I find it mad some of our fans actually think he will

Dyche has done a very decent job in very difficult circumstances. He has made us more solid, more compact and better away from home. Much better on set pieces. He has made us more of a functional team and given us a platform to nick points given the lack of pace and creativity in our squad it's probably wise. Take away the deduction and we are in a better position than we have been in a few years. The issue I find with Dyche is his stubbornness regarding selections of certain players is both a strength for consistency of the team but also his weakness. In possession at home we look so bad it's not surprising we look better away when we can counter. Yes the squad lacks creativity but it's also on him and his coaches to work on patterns of play and attacking movements to break down teams. Also he could try different things at time, the issue is he is a very cautious manager which works in this situation but now we approach home games we have to start winning he needs to change things up a bit at times for me. We have won three home games all season, so whilst the away form has been good the home form is very poor. Why not rest Mcneil for a game or two try Harrison on the left and Dobbin or Danjuma on the right(when fit) why not give Beto a few games? Why not allow the full backs to push on a little at times at home especially? I am not saying rip it up as clearly he has a structure that requires forwards and wingers to work back but we aren't winning football games we have to try something a bit different at times. So I don't want him sacked far from it I think he's the coach we need right now but he also needs to adapt at times see also his substitutions.

I haven’t any names, because I don’t really follow European football, some good young managers in the championship. I just want to see us play fast attacking football and be on the front foot. Going after teams, especially at home, obviously it’s not as black and white as that, as you will have to change your tactics v a Liverpool or city. And good managers can do that. Dyche has one way whether it’s city away or Doncaster away.

He’s so stuck in the dark ages, he ain’t changing and I find it mad some of our fans actually think he will

wll i know is he’s got to sort out attack

goals win games