2023/24 Sean Dyche

Dyche is responsible for the attacking and defending side of the team, he chose to go MORE defensive against 10 men when a better equipped manager would have not taken off a CM for a cripple RB and pushed wide players higher and keep the ball to see the game out.

No Dyche went 5 at the back with wingbacks, affectively a back 7 whilst keeping Beto isolated, any chances Beto got were made by him and it wasn`t like they were clear cut chances.
The nonsense I read or hear at times is laughable.
After every game it’s only if we’d scored this chance or that chance. Like the opposition never have chances. We didnt have a shot first half. After out we’d had 3 shots on target Brighton 5. So last 25, with half that time v 10 men we didn’t have a shot on target they had another 2.

Apparently we battered wolves and Luton early on this season. Yet wolves missed some good chances, hit the post ans goal a goal. Luton missed 2 free headers before eventually going 1 up and missed more chances in the second half. Fulham the other week, yes we should have won at the end, but again Fulham missed a couple of sitters and dominated the majority of the match.

Exactly this, Dyche happy to set up to get beat and then go.... "well it is City"...

Other coaches at smaller clubs think "I`m having a go at these"

Never would I thought an Everton fanbase would agree with the Dyche set up not wanting to have a go at other teams, especially at home!!! When was the last time a Dyche team went after another team at Goodison? In 26 games across 2 seasons there hasn`t been one, sit in and defend defend defend....
We don’t have the personnel to do that

More about the style of play , did watch Bournemouth v city last night, they didn’t just give up and say it’s city what can you do. Like we didn’t lay a glove on them 2nd half.
Bournemouth deserved a draw

he’s changed the way they play over night.
I’d rather watch Bournemouth and Luton than us. And if we’re winning every other week and pushing for Europe or trophies playing this way, fair enough. But to watch this dross to at be 12th at best.
No thanks
Agree with you i hope we can stay up and then can start to bring more attackers in next season, with him having a better squad to work with then we can really start to look at him.

The club was in such a mess though after lampard and benetiz. I cant speak for every Everton fan but i was quite happy to have the most boring mid table season going into the new stadium. Thats exactly where we would be without the crooks of the premier leagues deduction.
This is another embarrassing concept on behalf of our fanbase, "Just get to the new stadium as a premier league side"... Yeah then what, all of a sudden all of our ills have gone away?

1st season at the new ground under Dyche winning 3 games at home by March?!?! Some on here find that more than acceptable but those that remember what this club stands for don`t.

Dyche needs to be more progressive (He won`t!) in the last season at Goodison, we have players that can play. Do you think players like Onana and Branthwaite will want to play Dycheball again next season even if Spurs, Utd, Chelsea, Villa or Newcastle come calling? Not a chance.... Will players like Garner want to play Dycheball whilst selling our best players? Again, no. What is the chances of signing good players when we set up like Dyche does? No chance...

Move Dyche on in the summer and we have a chance to keep our best players and also a better chance to attract some real talent.

This is another embarrassing concept on behalf of our fanbase, "Just get to the new stadium as a premier league side"... Yeah then what, all of a sudden all of our ills have gone away?

1st season at the new ground under Dyche winning 3 games at home by March?!?! Some on here find that more than acceptable but those that remember what this club stands for don`t.

Dyche needs to be more progressive (He won`t!) in the last season at Goodison, we have players that can play. Do you think players like Onana and Branthwaite will want to play Dycheball again next season even if Spurs, Utd, Chelsea, Villa or Newcastle come calling? Not a chance.... Will players like Garner want to play Dycheball whilst selling our best players? Again, no. What is the chances of signing good players when we set up like Dyche does? No chance...

Move Dyche on in the summer and we have a chance to keep our best players and also a better chance to attract some real talent.

we aren’t keeping are best players if we had jose as manager mate

let’s stay up first and then moan!

And do we want 100mil burning a hole in his pocket this summer. Imagine the cart horses he could get with that. Josh brownhill will be the first

Will just wait for the, he’s not a bad Player brownhill 🙈

More about the style of play , did watch Bournemouth v city last night, they didn’t just give up and say it’s city what can you do. Like we didn’t lay a glove on them 2nd half.
Bournemouth deserved a draw

he’s changed the way they play over night.
I’d rather watch Bournemouth and Luton than us. And if we’re winning every other week and pushing for Europe or trophies playing this way, fair enough. But to watch this dross to at be 12th at best.
No thanks
Luton and Bournemouth are pretty stable clubs though. Things are up in the air with the ownership and points deduction here, I’ll be more concerned with the style of play once the ownership is sorted and we’re stable in the new stadium with no more deductions/problems looming.

What half decent managers would want to come to us while we’re in this situation?

If the ownership is sorted and no more points deductions are looming then maybe it can be a reasonable discussion but there’s zero chance of us changing manager under the circumstances we’re in at the moment.

So you'd rather start off in the new stadium in the championship with no guarentree of getting back than start off in the premier league.
Listen fella i cant disagree with any of that. Id rather be playing great football Id rather have a ambitious young coach. But the reality is we are all about survival right now after a good 7 or 8 years of mismanagent. There's nothing embarrassing about anything other than how we've been run. We had to stop the rot. And unfortunately right now thats survival. It can be reviewed at a latter stage.

After the novelty of a new stadium wears off , I wonder how many of us will be willing to part with the best part of £1000 a season to watch us finish mid table while watching this version of anti- football?

He has a team that has been in back to back relegation battles in 12th, 11 points clear of relegation. He can’t do anything about the points deduction.

It’s been a bad few months and it’s been a very hard watch recently but he’s done a good job. Anyone arguing for his sacking after the last few years is a lunatic.
13th now

I feel now is the time to roll the dice and get a new manager in. Better to do it now than with us needing to win 4 games in the last month
I'm hardly Dyches biggest fan but honestly it would be madness to get rid of him now.

If , big if , we get points back and no further deductions then a handful more points may just be good enough.

Subject to circumstances I wouldn't be adverse to making a change pre season.

However with the total vacuum in leadership/ management at the club I very much doubt that that is likely