6 + 2 Point Deductions

Whenever I see this meme now, I'm struck by how much Matt Damon is starting to look like the old dude in real life. Some good casting.

230713051631-01-matt-damon-depression.jpg

so we have 12 games left

5 against liverpool united chelsea newcastle and arsenal

now im really really really really thinking if we don’t get 6 back it’s curtains

we’ve got the hardest run in
Disagree matty. Certainly in terms of our remaining home games, we arguably have the easiest run-in out of the bottom 5 on paper.

The more I think about this it seems as though it'll be ten points back or none.

If our KC has successfully made the point that the mitigating circumstances around Everton being a paltry 19 million over the
allowed spending and profit loss there can have been no offence. There's no being 'a bit guilty'.

We certainly had no control over the loss of a major financial investment due to the Ukraine war , nor the loss of a saleable asset
in a player being suspended because of a non-football related issue.

The more I think about this it seems as though it'll be ten points back or none.

If our KC has successfully made the point that the mitigating circumstances around Everton being a paltry 19 million over the
allowed spending and profit loss there can have been no offence. There's no being 'a bit guilty'.

We certainly had no control over the loss of a major financial investment due to the Ukraine war , nor the loss of a saleable asset
in a player being suspended because of a non-football related issue.
I think in cold, logical terms you're right.

But this is about politics, not logic.

If it's 10 back, Masters will have to go. It would be great news for us, but the Premier League would appear doubly farcical.

They won't want that to happen.

Disagree matty. Certainly in terms of our remaining home games, we arguably have the easiest run-in out of the bottom 5 on paper.

I've said it once and I'll say it again, no one should be looking at our home games as our saviour. Our record is appalling under Dyche, 3 wins in 13 so far. We'll be lucky to grab another 2 home wins imo. The away games (no matter how hard) are the ones we will have a better chance due tk how he sets us up away from home.

Happy V E day everyone.

This will forever be known as Very Everton day as everyone waits around for news. Which will come in the form of the points deduction being upheld.

The longer it goes on the more confident I am it will be a good outcome. Easiest thing in the world if the appeal board upheld the ten points just to get it out there. It would be a huge PR win for the PL and set the precedent for the Forest and Everton charges.

If the decision is that the ten points can’t be upheld then it opens up a Pandora’s box of problems for the PL that no doubt every team’s lawyers would be all over especially Forest’s. The PL may well be taking legal advice on how they can say that this point deduction was not proportionate but their future framework for upcoming charges will be.

At least that’s what I hope anyway.