6 + 2 Point Deductions

This is madness .

I keep checking in this thread every hour or so to see if there are any leaks.

Others , including myself from time to time , post the same thing repeatedly but without any basis or knowledge.

Welcome to PL football. The greatest league in the World........really ?
I'm similarly on guard, because the -10 in November hit me like a fupping sledgehammer. I even get up much earlier than I used to (like 5am) so I can be let down gently.... I'm like Homer guarding the sugar pile.

In November I found out via a work colleague on Skype (a NUFC fan of course) - not via the news or twitter etc. My first thought was that we must have committed some serious fraud on an industrial scale to get that penalty.

Then came the fallout, and I then realised it was in fact the biggest injustice in PL history.

This is madness .

Others , including myself from time to time , post the same thing repeatedly but without any basis or knowledge.

Unless i see this thread jump 30 pages in 10 minutes i know nothing has happened yet.

It is farcical this like.
This result doesn't just affect us it effects probably 6/7 teams.

This is the thing I can't get my head around, it seems virtually impossible to prove a sporting advantage so they rely on the line that it should be "inferred". I realise they are relying on EFL guidelines here, but surely the onus is on them to show what sporting advantage was gained if they are going to adopt such a punitive deduction.
The whole sporting advantage = points deduction thing has never really made sense, EVEN if you do ignore the fact sporting advantage is impossible to improve and choose to infer it. Throughout the history of the PL:

There is precedent for sporting advantage occurring and no points deductions being given (Tevez)
There is precedent for points deductions being given where no sporting advantage is gained (administration, failure to fulfil fixtures)
What you don't actually have is PL precedent where sporting advantage is proven or inferred and then leads to a points deduction so it doesn't follow that you HAVE to do so, there's actually no relationship in PL history between one thing and the other.

This is madness .

Bah.

True madness is doing what I do….checking every ten minutes during business hours 😠

My life ain’t functioning properly as this nonsense dominates practically my every thought.

It’s either points back or not.

You don’t just pull a transfer ban out of your arse as part of an adjustment to the punishment. A transfer ban would just muddy the waters and open the PL up to dragging this out even further because such a ban is not objectively better or worse than a points deduction.
I agree but they’ve pulled everything else out of their arses so who knows what the Christ they will do next.

I know so many people have already siad this / made this joke. But I'd like you to know that if we don't hear the verdict by 5:01 GMT, I will find you, and I will wear skin like a halloween costume.
5pm announcement, watch.

Hi Ste.

Forgot to let you know yesterday, but October 31st 2024, be afraid, be very afraid x

Unless i see this thread jump 30 pages in 10 minutes i know nothing has happened yet.

It is farcical this like.
This result doesn't just affect us it effects probably 6/7 teams.

I expect a new thread will be launched the moment the news breaks.

So if I login and don’t see a thread titled sommat like “Justice prevails….EFC gets its points back” or “Rotten corrupt PL buggers get away with it” then I suspect there has been no white smoke.

Man the PL really are hopeless arent they? No doubt stewing that if they dont give enough points back we'll threaten to take it to the courts and how that would impact their image and timescale to get every case sorted in time for new season.
What a mess theyve made out of not having the ramifications in place before the first club breached the rules.

however I can also see a case of it being days before the new season starts and no one knows for certain who will be in the league

No chance. Although it would be prime popcorn entertainment!

I'd love to see affected clubs immediately file law suits that send the PL in to disarray. Total chaos, fixtures going unplayed, a total laughing stock that highlights the corruption and vested interests.