2023/24 Sean Dyche

Your mom ain't slow. So I'm told.

Back on topic, was a bit odd playing Young over Harrison on the right. Can only think Harrison isn't 100%.

Patterson is an odd one, my guess is Dyche doesn't trust him defensively.
The team selection against that palace team missing their best players, 2 wins in 16,
sums up dyche absolute bottle merchant. He had dobbin ready to come on and we score and that’s it,
He stays on the bench. He’s more scared of loosing than actually trying to win. That will end only one way for him

Iraola has come in changed Bournemouth’s style in a few months, we beat them 3-0 in October everyone laughing at him try to play out from the back and saying they’re going down .since then he’s got them to
Mid table, playing decent football, scoring more goals than us. Won 3-0 at old Trafford should have won at Newcastle.

Edwards has schooled dyche twice at goodison. I’d rather watch Luton than Everton right now. He’s done a great job considering they were going to be relegated by Christmas.

And yes if we survive with the 10 point deduction, dyche would have done a good job and fair enough to him. But surely you can’t enjoy the football. So you’re quite happy to see dyche keep the job for a few more years ? He will have us around 12th to 15th probably, but it will be this Wimbledon style football that ain’t changing. Long term it’s just crap the fans are bored out thier brains at goodison 3 wins at home and he thinks it was a good point v palace 🤣.

I want to see us have some fast young exciting players and see us go after teams scoring 3’s and 4’s and get the crowd on its feet. When was the last time we put a team under pressure for 20 minutes. That’s never going to happen with dyche.

I want to see us with more points which is what Dyche would have over all those managers if we had all our points this season.

For teams outside the top 6 there’s a balancing equation between attack and defence. You want to be going after teams scoring 3 and 4? Say goodbye to having the highest clean sheets in the league.

Dyche is a pragmatist whose job it is to keep Everton in the league. When he looks at the players at his disposal he has Englands number 1 keeper, the Ukrainian left back, Tarkowski a seasoned PL defender, Branthwaite a brilliant prospect, Coleman the captain at RB and then international players like Onana and Gueye in holding midfield. When he looks at this forwards he has an array of players who can’t hit a barn door, wide players on loan from relegated clubs, and Docuoure who can’t pass a football and can only play one way.

So if you were him and the fate of Everton football club who had just received a 10 point deduction rested on you, do you think you’d craft a game plan that relied on the good defensive players and got the most out of Docuoure on the counter, or do you think you’d trust your attack to out score the opposition?

Watching MNF on Monday, you could see how thrilled Fan Advisory Board member Carragher is to see Everton being managed by a no mark.

His long campaign to convince us that we hate passing is finally bearing fruit.

Carragher is an utter bellend who shouldn’t be allowed on TV after he spat at a child. An odious cretin of a man and I can’t understand why any blues give anything he says any sort of credence.

I want to see us with more points which is what Dyche would have over all those managers if we had all our points this season.

For teams outside the top 6 there’s a balancing equation between attack and defence. You want to be going after teams scoring 3 and 4? Say goodbye to having the highest clean sheets in the league.

Dyche is a pragmatist whose job it is to keep Everton in the league. When he looks at the players at his disposal he has Englands number 1 keeper, the Ukrainian left back, Tarkowski a seasoned PL defender, Branthwaite a brilliant prospect, Coleman the captain at RB and then international players like Onana and Gueye in holding midfield. When he looks at this forwards he has an array of players who can’t hit a barn door, wide players on loan from relegated clubs, and Docuoure who can’t pass a football and can only play one way.

So if you were him and the fate of Everton football club who had just received a 10 point deduction rested on you, do you think you’d craft a game plan that relied on the good defensive players and got the most out of Docuoure on the counter, or do you think you’d trust your attack to out score the opposition?
On paper we have a better 11 than the majority of the teams you mentioned. Dyche’s whole game plan is to keep a clean sheet that’s why we never ever win when we concede first. Wow let’s say goodbye to top of the clean sheets 🤣🤣 13 0-0’s form now to the end of the Season and we go down. This is not the 70’s when it was just 2 points for a win and keeping a clean sheet was a big deal. Liverpool in 79 I think conceded 16 goals, forest under clough were a brilliant defence team, but the games moved on. And shock horror most teams who win the league will also be top of the defensive stats.

The reason we don’t out score the opposition is because he picks 8 defensive minded players at home to a poor palace side in disarray without thier 4 best players.

On paper we have a better 11 than the majority of the teams you mentioned. Dyche’s whole game plan is to keep a clean sheet that’s why we never ever win when we concede first. Wow let’s say goodbye to top of the clean sheets 🤣🤣 13 0-0’s form now to the end of the Season and we go down. This is not the 70’s when it was just 2 points for a win and keeping a clean sheet was a big deal. Liverpool in 79 I think conceded 16 goals, forest under clough were a brilliant defence team, but the games moved on. And shock horror most teams who win the league will also be top of the defensive stats.

The reason we don’t out score the opposition is because he picks 8 defensive minded players at home to a poor palace side in disarray without thier 4 best players.

No we don’t, and that’s the problem with a lot of Everton fans and always has been.

There are not many teams in the bottom half who would swap their front three for McNeil, Calvert Lewin, and Harrison. Harrison may I remind people is on loan from a relegated team.

Garner is an average player who was playing championship football last season and he’s one of our better players. So we think Luton would swap Barkley for him? Would they swap Adebayo for Calvert Lewin? Thats the team in the bottom three.

Fulham have Paulinha and Pereira in midfield, players who would walk into our midfield. They have Broja behind Jimenez for strikers. Palace have Eze and Olise. Bournemouth have Solanke Outarra, Brentford have Tony Mbeumo, Forest have Gibbs white and Awonyi.

These are all bang average PL sides yet none of them would swap for our forward players. Sheffield United and Burnley are perhaps the only ones.

Bottom half PL teams would take Pickford Tarkowski Branthwaite and Onana. Thats it. The rest are just nowhere near good enough. Everton fans keep thinking it’s the Moyes period though when we just had a top half team all the time and it just takes a bit of positive thinking and we’ll be battering teams. I wouldn’t back our lot against championship sides, they’re a really poor group of players with little talent outside of the keeper and CB area. Most PL teams comfortably have better starting 11s than us.

No we don’t, and that’s the problem with a lot of Everton fans and always has been.

There are not many teams in the bottom half who would swap their front three for McNeil, Calvert Lewin, and Harrison. Harrison may I remind people is on loan from a relegated team.

Garner is an average player who was playing championship football last season and he’s one of our better players. So we think Luton would swap Barkley for him? Would they swap Adebayo for Calvert Lewin? Thats the team in the bottom three.

Fulham have Paulinha and Pereira in midfield, players who would walk into our midfield. They have Broja behind Jimenez for strikers. Palace have Eze and Olise. Bournemouth have Solanke Outarra, Brentford have Tony Mbeumo, Forest have Gibbs white and Awonyi.

These are all bang average PL sides yet none of them would swap for our forward players. Sheffield United and Burnley are perhaps the only ones.

Bottom half PL teams would take Pickford Tarkowski Branthwaite and Onana. Thats it. The rest are just nowhere near good enough. Everton fans keep thinking it’s the Moyes period though when we just had a top half team all the time and it just takes a bit of positive thinking and we’ll be battering teams. I wouldn’t back our lot against championship sides, they’re a really poor group of players with little talent outside of the keeper and CB area. Most PL teams comfortably have better starting 11s than us.
You’ve mentioned about 2 or 3 players from
Each team. Over the best 11 we’d have have more starters than any of them teams and that’s even from non biased fans

Everton fans would have been up in arms if we’d swapped DCL for solanke or the Luton striker in the summer. Or even the lad at Forest. Solanke is having his first ever decent season and he’s the same age as DCL. Yes Harrison and McNeil aren’t great, but Luton have Townsend who’s also pants.
Forest have hudson odoi, who’s terrible. Brentford are playing maupay.

It's still the 10th best-paid squad in the league, well ahead of those below it.

There are no miracles being performed here.

You’ve mentioned about 2 or 3 players from
Each team. Over the best 11 we’d have have more starters than any of them teams and that’s even from non biased fans

Everton fans would have been up in arms if we’d swapped DCL for solanke or the Luton striker in the summer. Or even the lad at Forest. Solanke is having his first ever decent season and he’s the same age as DCL. Yes Harrison and McNeil aren’t great, but Luton have Townsend who’s also pants.
Forest have hudson odoi, who’s terrible. Brentford are playing maupay.

But your argument is based on playing attacking football. Any starters in combined 11s would be the keeper and defenders, maybe Onana in holding mid. Hence why I don’t blame Dyche for playing to your strengths. No one is having our forwards as any sort of decent quality so why would we build a game plan around them scoring lots?

But your argument is based on playing attacking football. Any starters in combined 11s would be the keeper and defenders, maybe Onana in holding mid. Hence why I don’t blame Dyche for playing to your strengths. No one is having our forwards as any sort of decent quality so why would we build a game plan around them scoring lots?

You're completely right, in all of this.

Top and bottom of it is,; if we played open attacking football where are the goals coming from? Let's be generous and say Calvert-Lewin could get 12 goals, Doucoure 10 goals, Mcneil 7 goals, Harrison 7 goals after that you're scraping the barrel. There's not enough goals in the team. It's not even a new thing, we've had this issue for over 2 years now.

You're completely right, in all of this.

Top and bottom of it is,; if we played open attacking football where are the goals coming from? Let's be generous and say Calvert-Lewin could get 12 goals, Doucoure 10 goals, Mcneil 7 goals, Harrison 7 goals after that you're scraping the barrel. There's not enough goals in the team. It's not even a new thing, we've had this issue for over 2 years now.

You need possession to play attacking football on the front foot. We’ve got two midfielders who can pass a ball (not particularly well) in Onana and Garner. Gueye and Docuoure can’t pass or control a ball, McNeil has no pace, Calvert Lewin has no guile and poor finishing, neither full back can cross a ball. Where do people think this all attacking team is going to come from.

Playing on the counter is the only way this team can get results effectively until we get some significantly better players. At least Dyche realises that.

Because all we’re trying to do is score from set pieces. Maybe the manager should try and get the full backs up the pitch when we attack. And that could open space up for our forwards. We have 2 midfielders holding hands in front of our defence. Barkley is playing as a midfield 2 for Luton but is box to box. Ours arent allowed to
Move. Dyche has McNeil and Harrison as wing backs most of the time. We’ve been 1-0 down about 3 times this season and his first sub has been swap a full back with a full back, what’s that all about. He hasn’t a clue how to coach a team to attack.
Like we have no clue when we have the ball or we need to chase a game.

I’m not having that another manager wouldn’t get more out of our forwards

If you take our best 11 on paper it’s actually not that bad of a side just needs coaching properly to get the best out of it. A top quality keeper , arguably the best centre back prospect in Europe as well as a solid option in Tarkowski. Mykolenko is good . Patterson / Coleman is ok. Onana who should be bossing midfields along with garner and gana. Beto who is fast and strong seems like an ideal forward for this league. Danjuma who was playing champo league football not too long ago and is full of pace McNeil has been run into the ground as of late and proved last year can be a very key player. Dyche is under performing massively

It's still the 10th best-paid squad in the league, well ahead of those below it.

There are no miracles being performed here.

And that, in a nutshell is why we are where we are.

We have overpaid for garbage and even worse, paid that garbage a Kings ransom for the privilege of sucking us deeper into the crap.

If the likes of Patterson, Mykolenko, Garner, Mcneil, Harrison played for Luton, you'd be thinking they'd be on 20-30k a week.

If I mentioned that Tarkowski, DCL, Calvert Lewin, Pickford are on or close to 100k a week you'd think "well that must be a top 8/9 side"