6 + 2 Point Deductions

Should be happening now with our current BS. The pl have opened a can of worms and have no idea how to close it again. If we get a second punishment we should wait the maximum amount of time before lodging an appeal and then drown them in paperwork that will take a commission a month to go through.
Agreed. Like City have done, make everything as difficult as possible, frustrate their proposed timetable at every turn, turn the whole thing into an even bigger sh-show than it already is.

Just to say I think it’s rubbish that something like this is dragged out not just for the football club and players, but not what is talked about is the impact on the fans who live and breathe the club having this hang over there.

They should take a look at here and other social media to see how then arbitrary nonsense impacts real people’s lives. It’s the fans themselves they’ve meant to be serving as custodians of the game, they’ve hugely let them down in this instance.

On the plus side I’d say it’s more likely there’s points coming back by the delay. If it was a straight forward rejection then the swift answer would have been given.

Hang on in there and no matter what don’t forget the contempt the PL has for fans. They need to be chased out even if Everton got 20 points back.

This is the crux of the whole charade.

The PL are behaving like a government body that regulates corporations, energy conglomerates and utility companies. Those kinds of entities are rightly given huge penalties for under-performance because the impact of such under-performance can be death, ecological disaster and mass job losses.

The PL need to remember that they are a sports competition that, no matter what their multi-billion pound media deals may have them think, is just a past time for people to get away from the seriousness and monotony of every day life. Handing out draconian measures which puts in doubt the very future of institutions like Everton, and the community and small business ecosystem that they support, is not the remit of the PL. They should be protecting the health and sustainability of all member clubs, even when that comes to sporting sanctions.

If dodgy owners break the rules, then they should be sanctioned in ways that affect them personally, not the club. Sporting sanctions should be commensurate with the offence and the means of the club. Transfer embargoes, suspended points deductions etc. That simply isn't the case here. the PL have gone straight in for the maximum penalty for the first offence, and have done so in a secretive, laboured way that keeps people in the dark. And the PL should look at their own rules on approving takeovers rather than pretend they have no involvement in them. They are a powerbroker that has actual influence over whether potential owners take charge of football clubs. Fans have zero power, yet they're the ones who end up getting punished.

I've heard Everton and the PL were made aware of the results last wednesday, and apparently last friday Everton challenged something from the results, and that's why no details have been released yet.

To me this suggests weve got some back, but this would obviously mean weve not got the full 10 back

Last edited:
Like a Government body ? Spot on with the idiotic shambles they portrayed last night -

If the Premier League is acting like this I find it hard to see any points coming back or if the give us any back they will take them back on the 2nd charge as I feel the delay is what they can cook up next against us to even it out in their favour to save face ....