6 + 2 Point Deductions

I get that, but even still - based on the outcome of this appeal, our form could matter little in the grand scheme of things if we're hit with a second deduction anyway, which would undoubtedly finish us.
I think it unlikely we are getting all 10 back, so we really need to start picking up some wins.

The points we have thrown away this season to garbage teams angers me.

I mean we can be concerned with both.

But currently, our form is causing me personally more issues.

I think the points thing is having a massive impact though. It's just a psychological thing, imo. It's affecting fans and imo the atmosphere at the ground . It's probably affecting the manager, and aside from the obvious psychological effect getting placed in the bottom 3 could have had on the players; I also think the uncertainty over everything must also be detrimental to their mental state.

I'm personally not overly concerned by our form. Goals are a worry, but I think we've shown enough defensively to think we can scrape our way out even without any points back. It's not gonna be pretty, but then a team shy of goalscorers trying to play in an open and attacking manner, has potential calamity written all over it.

Also fancy our chances against Brighton. We often look best under Dyche against teams who can somewhat invite the press.

I think the points thing is having a massive impact though. It's just a psychological thing, imo. It's affecting fans and imo the atmosphere at the ground . It's probably affecting the manager, and aside from the obvious psychological effect getting placed in the bottom 3 could have had on the players; I also think the uncertainty over everything must also be detrimental to their mental state.

I'm personally not overly concerned by our form. Goals are a worry, but I think we've shown enough defensively to think we can scrape our way out even without any points back. It's not gonna be pretty, but then a team shy of goalscorers trying to play in an open and attacking manner, has potential calamity written all over it.

Also fancy our chances against Brighton. We often look best under Dyche against teams who can somewhat invite the press.
Fair enough, there is no denying that the whole thing, coupled with the 777 farce is really affecting the whole club, from the players to the fans.

We just have to hope that the number is big enough that we can move on from the whole thing quickly.

I mean everybody has their own "move on" number, for some its 10, for others its 2.

In case you care, I think 6 back would be my "move on" number.

If the second commission are looking at a period in which we've already been punished, then surely their outcome is bound by the previous outcome?

If, for arguments sake, our 'final' points penalty for the first breach is reduced to 5 points, the second commission can't come in and slap us with 10 points for the period in which we breached previously, plus more for the new one.
As mad as it seems that’s exactly what could happen.

One of the fall outs from Bosman was something called the Webster ruling.

Briefly it revolves around players still under contract being afforded the opportunity to walk away from that contract at certain points of the term.

A couple of cases have ended up at CAS and the outcomes don’t follow the same process when awarding compensation to the clubs in effect each tribunal decides how to work out the basis of compensation. Other than the basic fact that a player can walk how the award is arrived out has differed and none of the CAS commissions have relied on previous outcomes to form a precedent