6 + 2 Point Deductions

Think it was Toffee TV the other day that said in very simple terms, if we weren’t building a stadium would we be compliant with PSR rules. The answer is 100% yes. Couple that with all the mitigations this would be laughed at by any regulator

In a court of law it wouldn’t even make it to the judge. That’s how crazy this whole thing is
They are delusional, things are never that simple with this club, this probably would have happened instead:

IMG_2465.jpeg

More quality reporting by the Mail

Premier League clubs 'expect Nottingham Forest to be docked points' for breaching spending rules... and are 'adamant' they will suffer Everton's fate when the verdict is delivered next month​

Surprised it's not Matt Hughes

How long was the appeal hearing? 2 or 3 days?

How the hell can it take nearly 3 weeks to come to a decision?

There's literally no right answer so they'll get abuse whatever the outcome.

If Everton get 5+ points back I think the club and the fans will be reasonably content but the clubs around us won't be happy as we leapfrog them in the table.

If Everton only get 1 or 2 points back Evertonians will riot but the likes of Luton will be loving it and think they have a chance of survival.

Just let us know one way or the other so we can get back to talking about the football

....... Actually, on second thoughts, I don't want to talk about the football either.

If Everton get 5+ points back I think the club and the fans will be reasonably content but the clubs around us won't be happy as we leapfrog them in the table.

If Everton only get 1 or 2 points back Evertonians will riot but the likes of Luton will be loving it and think they have a chance of survival.

Just let us know one way or the other so we can get back to talking about the football

....... Actually, on second thoughts, I don't want to talk about the football either.

The decision may have already been made. It could be a case of crossing the t's and dotting the i's on the document which will be released .

How did we end up here ffs, its like readers digest

Well basically a load of clubs in England got greedy and realised that they could make far more money by breaking away from the FA and forming their own premier league

Several of these clubs got fatter than others by virtue of European revenues that then fed into huge commercial sponsorship deals. For several years they enjoyed winning everything by spending more money than everyone else and taking all their best players

Billionaires wanted a slice of the action and took over Chelsea and City with a desire to spend whatever it took to join the elite. The elite realised that they’d no longer win everything and wanted to make sure no other team could ever do what City and Chelsea did.

The PL crafted P&S rules playing on the support of the six already in the elite and other club owners all desperate to consolidate their own position at least in the top flight so the revenues poured in regardless of the need to actually compete. Win win for everyone.

Everton tried to compete but a combination of the war in Ukraine, covid, trying to build a stadium, Moshiri and Kenwright playing football manager, the player x incident, and a PL absolutely paranoid of independent regulation and enthrall to the elite big six decided they’d make a huge example of an accounting treatment. They’ve then been cowards waiting to release the verdict of the appeal at a time when they anticipate the least reputational blow back

And here we are

Think it was Toffee TV the other day that said in very simple terms, if we weren’t building a stadium would we be compliant with PSR rules. The answer is 100% yes. Couple that with all the mitigations this would be laughed at by any regulator

In a court of law it wouldn’t even make it to the judge. That’s how crazy this whole thing is
I read we cocked up we never did accurate separate accounts for the ground & our daily budget especially on the loan side of things etc - great accounting Mosh ....

If we get anything back we could get dismayed with the 2nd charge.....

I’m hoping the appeal has gone well for us and the delay is the PL frantically trying to find a reason to go against us. That or they are just enjoying us being in limbo.

Well they were all happy when we got the ten points penalty so what comes around goes around and we will get some points back let’s hope it is enough!