New Everton Stadium Discussion

Great, but why restrict purchasing to season ticket holders only?

Strange commercial decision.

By all means give season ticket holders a superior, personalised version - but why not cash in more widely?
No cash in here at all really. Very cheap. Suspect most will tick the box and add it to the bill. I guess they could argue the season ticket holders provide the guaranteed backbone of support and finances.

Though season ticket holders come and go, and many who have held them for decades may have given them up entirely due to the FSW’s arrival - I do understand your point and agree. Hopefully there is plenty of commemorative stuff on open sale, not to make money, but anyone who has had the pleasure of going to Goodison, plus those that never got the chance. Truth is they probably can’t afford to print 200,000 of these things.

Managed to toddle along the prom this morning. Bloody foggy and miserable.

IMG_20240215_113109.jpg

IMG_20240215_111734.jpg

Not been back to here for about 15 years. Nice to see the changes.

Yeah, I honestly think you’re probably right.

It follows the commercial model that’s worked so well to sell hospitality packages at the new ground.

Start at the top, foster FOMO and slowly work your way down.
Do you mean we are getting run like a proper premier league club that milks every penny they can? If we want success then that is the way it will have to be at the very least.

Do you mean we are getting run like a proper premier league club that milks every penny they can? If we want success then that is the way it will have to be at the very least.
Yes, i agree. If we want to be sucessful we have to be more like Man U and Liverpool who are ruthless and dont give a crap about their fans. If we want to be a nice little family freindly club then expect championship and downwards from their.

Yes, i agree. If we want to be sucessful we have to be more like Man U and Liverpool who are ruthless and dont give a crap about their fans. If we want to be a nice little family freindly club then expect championship and downwards from their.
This is unfortunate, but also extremely true. Some of our fans have the issue of wanting the glory days back, but also just having a trade union or a charity as a sponsor. No petrol company, no banks, no gambling, no booze, but why aren't we spending any money? If we want to be near the top of the league then the club must be run like a cut throat business, which means raising prices on fans too. We better just get relegated and be a mid table Championship club if we want to be nice guys who everyone loves.

This is unfortunate, but also extremely true. Some of our fans have the issue of wanting the glory days back, but also just having a trade union or a charity as a sponsor. No petrol company, no banks, no gambling, no booze, but why aren't we spending any money? If we want to be near the top of the league then the club must be run like a cut throat business, which means raising prices on fans too. We better just get relegated and be a mid table Championship club if we want to be nice guys who everyone loves.
success in football is somewhat pyrrhic these days, there's a thread about how many clubs have won stuff outside of the Sky 5.

I'm not sure I want us to sell our soul to join that fixed cabal.

Is there a final column of irregular shaped sections to be fitted at north end of the barrel roof (i.e to give the end a curved appearance and to cover up the bits of the structure that are still visible)? Looks a little bit messy at the moment compared to the videos.
going by the renders put out by the club, the gaps will be filled.

Attachments

• 0_BMD121121-3880226937.jpg
    0_BMD121121-3880226937.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 9
  • skysports-everton-stadium_5433712.jpg
    skysports-everton-stadium_5433712.jpg
    236.9 KB · Views: 10