6 + 2 Point Deductions

Think its a bit ignorant to say they have no right to be aggrieved. I think they have every right. And their disdain shpuld be directed at the PL for how they handled matters. Its been a royal s show for all, but more so for us, obviously.
Towards the Premier League? maybe.. but certainly not to us. They should be under no illusions who the better team of the two is regardless - we've won 9 more points than them as things stand.

Never said it was our fault. Dont know why anyone believes i am. Im saying the PL have messed us about and in doing so messed around other teams. I dont understand how everyone's being so blinkered towards it. Surely having more teams upset with the PL higher ups the better. More ammo to sack those current running it.
No other teams have been messed about though. You keep asserting they have but they haven't.

Think its a bit ignorant to say they have no right to be aggrieved. I think they have every right. And their disdain shpuld be directed at the PL for how they handled matters. Its been a royal s show for all, but more so for us, obviously.
But this is how the process is expected to run. If points deductions are possible in the rules, there are likely to be situations where guilt is definite and also where it's less clear cut. The appeal process is key in the latter situation.

Luton should always have known, and will always have known, that Everton's points total is subject to change. They don't have reason to be angry if the punishment is changed, simply because the rules allow that to happen.

They have no right. They haven't had points taken away. They haven't been put through a sham process. Our name has an asterisk next to it for a reason: there is an appeal to be heard. It is not final. If it was final, there would be no need for the asterisk.

If they're basing their plans on us losing 10 points, they're just as stupid as our financial planners and accountants.
It doesn't have to be a competition of who shpuld be more annoyed. All teams can be annoyed worh the situation mate.

Okay so you agree they should be on the spectrum of annoyance, but you think its lower down that what I'm saying? I aren't going to argue about levels if we are somewhat on the same page.
IF, and its a big IF, Luton are affected by a possible reinstatement of Everton points its really only akin to say another team making a really good January signing. Its only in the abstract.

Why do they have a right to be aggrieved? You just assert that with no justification. Whatever happens now has no impact on how they play for the rest of the season. They need to win every game they play. So, they can't argue they would act differently depending on if the deduction applies or not. They are fully aware that there is an appeal and there is a possibility we will receive some or all of the points back. I just don't see any argument whatsoever. It's like claiming a team has a right to feel aggrieved if an offside goal is awarded by the ref but then correctly overturned by VAR.
In other posts I try explain how they can feel that the goalposts have been moved. I aren't going to repeat that in ever reply mate.

Okay so you agree they should be on the spectrum of annoyance, but you think its lower down that what I'm saying? I aren't going to argue about levels if we are somewhat on the same page.
I think everyone accepts that they'll be annoyed they're not exactly going to be cracking the champagne open if we put them in the relegation zone are they but that doesn't mean they have any legitimate right to be annoyed thats the point that literally only you don't seem to get.

From a pure sporting perspective, everyone from Brentford on down has at least some cause to be upset with how the PL has handled this. It's now mid-February, and nobody has even the slightest clue what the target for survival is this year.

Depending on our appeal, possible further deductions, and what happens with Forest, it may be us, Forest, Burnley and Sheff U cut completely adrift and fighting for one survival spot with everyone else completely safe. Alternatively, if we get were to get all our points back, and Forest don't lose any either, we're safe already, and teams like Brentford and Palace are immediately drawn fully in a relegation battle they didn't really know they were fighting. Also, if there are additional deductions and inevitable appeals, it's easy to imagine this state of affairs dragging into April or May.

The whole situation has made a complete farce of the league this season.

It doesn't have to be a competition of who shpuld be more annoyed. All teams can be annoyed worh the situation mate.
They have no reason to be annoyed at all. It's all upside for them. The worst that can happen is that the table reflects the actual results for the season, in which case they have no reason to complain, or we get some sort of a deduction which increases their chances of staying up, in which case they can pop the champagne. Yours is a completely bizarre take.

We are the only team that has been tangibly affected by this. We are the only team currently that has any right whatsoever to be annoyed. If Luton are relying on other teams having points deducted for offences that happened at a time when Luton had nothing to do with the Premier League, then that’s just tough and they’re little tinpot EDL scruffs.