Match Thread Manchester City v Everton - Team Prediction, Waffle, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Everton boss Sean Dyche speaking to BBC Match of the Day: "I think the first goal came out of their first shot on target, they only had three shots on target so that shows our defensive side of the game. I thought we were organised, I thought the discipline was good. The truth of it is when you turn the ball over, can you keep it, can you ask enough questions? We didn’t.

"It is a tough place to come and they are in really good form, they can make a lot of changes from the bench, we are well aware of that. A lot of good signs from our performance but we know those turnover moments are so important.

"The understanding from the side tactically was pleasing. I spoke to them about the turnover moments. You have to keep the ball and go forward with conviction. We didn’t do that. The number of times we could have got in behind their high line and we didn’t really activate on it so that was something we were frustrated with.

"Top sides, and they are a top side - they did what they do. They can find different ways of operating. They put you to the sword."

On watching the game away from the touchline: "It’s interesting in a bad way. I shouldn’t have been up there in the first place. Hopefully not [up there] going forward."

Makes me feel sorry for the fans that were there when they used to play league 1 football.

Despite all the success they have ti resort to that because the stadiums 80% tourists on daytrips to see haaland etc
You're right. Most of those local fans from the 90s have been priced out and replaced by tourists. Sad to say that City have become like united with all the tourists.

Actually hard to take that, discipline and shape in defence, midfield not as over ran as expected, toothless in attack as expected, but overall they had, what, 3 on target, with near 250 million off the bench and arguably best team in the world right now.

We certainly didn't get outplayed.

Gotta find a solution for goals though, hope DCL turns it around or Beto or Chermiti and Dobbin start. Can't see it with DCL but we gotta hope.

Amazing that they have that off the bench and we overspent by 19.5 Million, crazy, messed up football.
1-0 down & still stays with one up front? Just swaps them around ?

I've never felt much about city one way or the other.
Kinda liked them in the 90s with the brother kits, peter reid, Kinkladze (sp?) Goater etc.
I liked maine road.
But what I saw today was a club with no soul.
The ad hoardings were doubled up and synced up with the cameras to give the illusion of boards double the legal height.
There were ads painted on the touchline.
The stadium announcer did stupid fan chants when players came on.
The only audible chant I heard from their fans was about old trafford falling down.
The Etihad is just such a boring non-descript venue with no redeeming features.
The whole thing just stinks of modern plastic football.
Boring and soulless.