6 + 2 Point Deductions

Maybe we should have thought about that before we decided to breach again Matty mate.

What I don’t understand is that we were working with the premier league and open our books to them as early as 2020/2021 season. They essentially okayed all of our transfers then said we were warned about potential breaches.

No matter how you slice it or dice it that alone sounds fishy why did they approve any transfers then ?

Also I was given to believe that stadium costs were outside of PSR calculations and the club sort clarity on that from the start of the 2021/22 season and didn’t get a response until the September of tgat year by which point the rules changed to include the stadium costs.

If that’s the case then that’s a huge concern and leaves the premier league with questions of their own to answer.

Not saying the club were squeaky clean on this but the idea that we decided to breach again when if the stadium build cost are now in the calculations we are left with no choice but to breach as when we took out those loans they were at the time Within the rules.

Essentially we will be in breach for every season unless we play the youth team every season on low wages or pay of those loans.

I think your being disingenuous to the club if that’s what happen with the club’s interactions with the EPL.

Let’s see what super silk does to those rulings yeah mate ?

Except….In the case.
When quoted material is presented as multiple sentences, four dots should be used for omissions between two or more original sentences; three dots should be used for omissions within a single original sentence.
My dots have refused to have anything more to do with me. Looks like i'll have to resort to dashes from now on. Oh, the shame!

Except….In the case.
When quoted material is presented as multiple sentences, four dots should be used for omissions between two or more original sentences; three dots should be used for omissions within a single original sentence.

So not a deduction of points then

The thread swings back on track

Well played Haydn

Maybe we should have thought about that before we decided to breach again Matty mate.
I’m with in that a lot of blame lies with the club, much more than is admitted/accepted by many people. But it does bug me that by the time we were told our arguments were rejected and we had in fact breached the first time, it was impossible to take any further action to avoid a second breach as the 22/23 accounting period had already closed. Could have been more tight arsed in that period in anticipation of the worst case scenario, but we were pretty careful and the squad barely survived. Our main expenditures were probably severance packages.

Although, not much sympathy if it turns out the second breach is bigger than first. That shows even if we’d scraped through the first hearing, we were hoping to just blag it again.

The hearing finished on Friday, it’ll take time to reach an agreed position let alone to then produce a reasoned verdict before it’s communicated to the parties. There’s no leaks because there’s nothing to leak yet.

You strike me as the type that hangs around playgrounds to tell kids that there is no Santa Claus whilst their folks arent looking.

What I don’t understand is that we were working with the premier league and open our books to them as early as 2020/2021 season. They essentially okayed all of our transfers then said we were warned about potential breaches.

No matter how you slice it or dice it that alone sounds fishy why did they approve any transfers then ?

Also I was given to believe that stadium costs were outside of PSR calculations and the club sort clarity on that from the start of the 2021/22 season and didn’t get a response until the September of tgat year by which point the rules changed to include the stadium costs.

If that’s the case then that’s a huge concern and leaves the premier league with questions of their own to answer.

Not saying the club were squeaky clean on this but the idea that we decided to breach again when if the stadium build cost are now in the calculations we are left with no choice but to breach as when we took out those loans they were at the time Within the rules.

Essentially we will be in breach for every season unless we play the youth team every season on low wages or pay of those loans.

I think your being disingenuous to the club if that’s what happen with the club’s interactions with the EPL.

Let’s see what super silk does to those rulings yeah mate ?
There is a bit of a misconception around the stadium loans argument. PL argument isn't that we're funding the stadium, its that we are attributing interests costs to the stadium, that our own documents suggest weren't related to the stadium.

From the hearing document:

The Premier League argued that the pre-planning stadium interest charges had not been incurred in respect of the Stadium because the stadium had not been funded by the commercial loans from Metro Bank PLC and Rights & Media Funding Ltd but by the interest free loans made by Mr Moshiri. In support of that factual assertion the Premier League pointed to a large number of Everton’s own documents, all of which showed that Mr Moshiri’s funds had been used to fund the stadium development.