Relegation 23/24 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The stupid thing about this season is that ordinarily Sheff United and Burnley are dead and buried but if we and Notts Forest get points deductions it could given them a lifeline. There will be plenty of twists and turns on and off the pitch
Never been a fan of twists and turns when related to our club

I’ll be feeling a lot more confident about survival if we overtake Forest in the table soonish….. then hope if there are further sanctions it will be for Forest as well.
What a mess!!!

£66m apparently
Given the formula put forward by the PL at the IC, which was rejected but then came to the same value, they should be deducted 19 points. If it is £66m...

I thought it would be less if their mitigation is Johnsons sale, probably around the amount Johnson was initially offered by Brentford which they rejected because they could get more money for him.

AND all of that depends if that rule was made up for just Everton or just for the 1st club to breach. The way the PL works it would not surprise me if Everton kept a points deduction and face a second whilst Forest got a fine and suspended points deduction for a bigger breach for overspending on players which is what we are falsely accused of.......

Given the formula put forward by the PL at the IC, which was rejected but then came to the same value, they should be deducted 19 points. If it is £66m...

I thought it would be less if their mitigation is Johnsons sale, probably around the amount Johnson was initially offered by Brentford which they rejected because they could get more money for him.

AND all of that depends if that rule was made up for just Everton or just for the 1st club to breach. The way the PL works it would not surprise me if Everton kept a points deduction and face a second whilst Forest got a fine and suspended points deduction for a bigger breach for overspending on players which is what we are falsely accused of.......
The PL was asked by the commission what they thought Everton's sanction should be, as were Everton. I see no reason why they would put forward anything different for Forest. However the penalty will depend on the outcome of our appeal. If our sanction is reduced to say 5 points, they'd probably halve the points in their calculation.

I had heard it was only 13.5 but can’t recall if the source was good. That would certainly tie in more with the Johnson sale mitigation. Although I have also seen talk about how promotion bonuses have been accounted for playing a part

The home games against Burnley, Sheffield United, Palace, Brentford and West Ham are vital. Need at least 4 wins from those. (I know it's not the most exciting post but I'm very hungover in a hotel in Malta and wanted to post anything).

We've won 3 home games out of 12 this season. We've won 7 out of a total of 21 home games under Dyche.

I'd say the odds of us winning 4 of those 5 games you mention would be very remote.

We've got 7 home games remaining so I'd say if we won 3 of those 7 games, that would be a marked improvement.

We've won 3 home games out of 12 this season. We've won 7 out of a total of 21 home games under Dyche.

I'd say the odds of us winning 4 of those 5 games you mention would be very remote.

We've got 7 home games remaining so I'd say if we won 3 of those 7 games, that would be a marked improvement.
Our whole winning run and the feel good factor went pop the minute Onana fluffed that penalty, on the face of it, it appears it just knocked the stuffing out of the whole club.... since that game 1 win in 10, 3 points from 18 in the Premier League with City up next. Following that the Palace is must win, with this form I have no idea where we are getting more than 2 wins in the next 8-10 games.....

Man City A
Crystal Palace H
Brighton A - Lightning will not strike twice
West Ham H
Man Utd A
Liverpool H
Bournemouth A
Newcastle A
Burnley H
Chelsea A

Looks like our whole season will be on 4 of the 5 last games of the season.....

Status
Not open for further replies.