2023/24 Ben Godfrey

I think he's inbetween positions, not quite a good enough footballer to be a full back and perhaps not commanding enough to play in a two. No surprise he looks better in a back 3.

I've often thought he could have been brought on in games to man mark pacey players. Whatever happens was pleased to see him looking athletic as pre-covid, the effects of long covid can be utterly devastating and I think it had an impact on him.

He did say how hard it hit him for a while. Pace and power are his top talents and it would have took a hit on him.

His performance against Haaland late 2022 was superb and he had him rattled. Deserves to keep his place in the team.

I'd say a decent athlete rather than a decent footballer.

We have to many players like this.

Recovery pace is great to have but becomes less important if your players have brains and can actually keep hold of a football.

Sadly we have garner , branthwaite and tarks as the only people that show any type of composure with the actual football?

I've always thought full back was his best position.
I agree. He has the pace and strength. He did really well against Fulham and saved a certain goal.
Is he better than Patterson or Coleman for a starting r-b spot? Seamus all day long for me. He makes the whole team play better.
Godfrey could step in for Patterson though - he hasn't been at his best lately.

I agree. He has the pace and strength. He did really well against Fulham and saved a certain goal.
Is he better than Patterson or Coleman for a starting r-b spot? Seamus all day long for me. He makes the whole team play better.
Godfrey could step in for Patterson though - he hasn't been at his best lately.
A full back that can't control or pass a football?

I'd rather not play Godfrey.

Really big shame about his injury, hopefully not too bad as he went back to the bench instead?

Played himself into contention today, showed some technique I didn't know he had on some of his passes too. Still don't think he'll be trusted at centre back.