2023/24 Sean Dyche

1000011192.jpg

Neither are penalties. Again: we should encourage more of these not being given not the other way round.
I agree they shouldn’t be penalties

But we were all told at the time that it was a clear penalty when City got that one.

So why the total lack of consistency?

If Onanas was a correct decision then this is a 100% certain penalty for handball.

But that’s kinda the point isn’t it? We shouldn’t encourage MORE incorrect penalties just because it would benefit us. It wasn’t a pen and neither was Onana’s the other week.
But we were told during Onana’s replay that ‘it’s a pen in todays game’ and I would argue this was more of a pen than that one that was a yard out on a point blank powerful shot

I’d like them to both not be penalties for the good of the game but we were all told Onana gave away a pen so surely there should be consistency

I agree they shouldn’t be penalties

But we were all told at the time that it was a clear penalty when City got that one.

So why the total lack of consistency?

If Onanas was a correct decision then this is a 100% certain penalty for handball.
Well you got there first but much like they’re both the same thing and both pens, we both said the same things and are both right

I mean consistency is a whole different story. Just saying for me, not a pen, no matter what soft ones have come before it.
Consistency is what matters most and it matters more than my subjective opinion on what should or should not be given as a penalty. I'd personally rather have barely any of these handball penalties but we've been penalised with them so its only right we expect to get a decision like tonight.

The lack of Consistency this season has made the league look ridiculous. The fact we still haven't had 1 penalty is a complete joke.

Consistency is what matters most and it matters more than my subjective opinion on what should or should not be given as a penalty. I'd personally rather have barely any of these handball penalties but we've been penalised with them so its only right we expect to get a decision like tonight.

The lack of Consistency this season has made the league look ridiculous. The fact we still haven't had 1 penalty is a complete joke.

We’ve gone beyond the Dyche in the Dyche thread now so we’ll just leave it at a differing opinion.

Robinson off the bar? Wasn't handball for me.
The law is an ass. I agree it’s harsh as it’s accidental. Just like Michael Keane at Anfield and Onana against City.
If you go to the rules of handball it should be a penalty.
In both of the instances against us the commentators agreed it’s harsh but they are given.
Robinson’s arm is out and the ball hits his hand. Pen.