2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

The lad works hard and is a handful to play against, but he can’t score, has had his best ever season and isn’t a premiership footballer.

chermuti dcl beto arrow formation for the next match i reckon

giphy.gif

In the long list of Everton strikers I have watched in my lifetime, he is one of the better ones. No one comes even remotely close to Lulaku though.

His current form in front of goal clearly isn't good enough. He clearly isn't playing well enough right now. But that doesn't mean he is crap.

Ive had a little think about that. Im not going to go back to far. But i dont think he's better than quite a few who just came into my thoughts.
Yakubu, andy johnson. Radzinski. Jelavic. Saha.
Its a debatable subject i know. But just 5 off the top of my head that i would say were as good.

Opinions and that. He's hit the bar, had a last ditch tackle prevent him from shooting from 5 yards out, he's held the ball up well, and assisted Harrison with a potential sitter, he got back and defended both on the deck and in the air. A goal exacerbates all that of course, and most people will judge him on his goals and nowt else, as he's a striker and 'that's his job'. However, his overall team performance was decent, imo like.
I wouldn’t judge him only on his goals but he does need to score some to be doing his job properly. I thought he was ok tonight better than in some recent games but this run without a goal is getting out of hand he needs to step up.

He is obviously coasting to the end of the season. His priority is to stay injury free which will ensure he has options in the summer.
He offers no goal threat and goals are what we need if we are to stay up.

Beto needs to start ahead of him now till the end of the season

1000030723.jpg

DCL's minutes since he last scored a goal.

3 months
17 games
20 hours & 32 minutes

I genuinely hope he is coasting to the end of the season to stay injury free. If he's fit and playing we're more likely to be able to sell him.

I'd rather sign a couple of league 2 players and give them a chance than keep relying on DCL.

Well I think it’s a bit sad and a little bit upsetting that some fans clearly want him to fail so they don’t look silly on the Internet.
Hope you enjoyed trying to bash one out on your semi tonight lads.
No one wants him to fail at all. We would rather see him scoring for us. He is not, so how long do we persevere in the hope of him scoring? The lack of goals from our strikers is now putting us on the cusp of relegation. Do we stick or twist

I don’t think he is coasting. Shame that he is finally fit and robust at exactly the same time as being in the worst form of his life.

It will turn before the season ends. It has too. But if 2 years ago we’d have took a deep breath, held our high and mighty noses and bought one of those grock donkey strong lower PL/upper Championship strikers we all hate being linked with (the ones that score regularly and consistently, albeit not massive numbers), we’d have avoided 2 relegation battles, probably be more flush with cash, and been liquid enough to push through with stadium materials and be ready to move in from the start of next season.

And we’d have never heard of Dicky Masters.

Still behind the lad!! He doesn’t seem to be working hard like he was after his injury though. He was winning headers, dragging players wide. Doesn’t seem like he’s at it.