2023/24 Beto

It's a fair point.

But when you consider he started the season injured and has hardly had a breather since it's understandable he has t hit the heights.

When you factor in his partner has been incredibly sick over the past year its amazing he's performed at all. The very fact we've had to rely on him due to insane squad building isn't the players fault.
Agreed taking into account all those issue but then you look at the manager to take him out and give someone else a run as it seems like we are playing with 10 men at times and i know we dont have a lot to chose from but it cant be helping him hearing the crowd get on his back especially at home

While i really hope he comes good im not sold on him personally, its not the lack of goals. It's the lack fundamentals hes shown while on the pitch so far.

The ball literally bounces off him, his first touch has been shocking, he plays like someone's just woke him up. Some of his shooting is just wild.

On the flip side I think like dcl his poor form is partly due to the playing system which doesn't lend itself to getting the striker involved, so you can't really blame him for that.

But the lack of fundamentals is concerning, and if that doesn't improve we might be stuck with another sandro, with a extra 20 mil to pay.