2023/24 Sean Dyche

I think the point is, at full strength you would have Doucs and maybe Coleman in out of those.
And the more that are missing, the further from full strength you go. It’s all well and good saying there was only one change from the team, but if you suddenly have to jump down to someone who would normally be 6th choice, it has a bigger impact on performance.

Even more so when you end up changing formation/tactics such as not having any more CMs available and having to change to just 2 in midfield.

I'm not advocating a sacking, but there is no way that an extension to his contract should be considered a fait acomplis at this stage. To do so would be naive in the extreme. It's the type of thing that someone that supported Lampard for months on end would do!

Just how long would you be extending it for, out of interest? 3 years? 6 years? Hell, why not give him a 10 year extension?

Paradoxically, Dyche is more likely to be moved on should he do a good job and see us through this difficult period, whereas he's more likely to be kept on if the club is still in chaos in 18 months time. He will certainly be kept on should we be relegated!

But in 18 months time, there's every chance that the ownership issue is resolved, the FFP issue has been sorted, and we are about to move into a new stadium. In such circumstances, it may not be wise to commit to Dycheball for another three years. Better options may be available depending on our circumstances at the time.

I get a lot of flack from Everton friends for this but he falls in the Bruce/Hughs bucket of managers for me.
He's doing ok and his hands are tied so not really sure what can be done about it. Just hope that if we do survive, whoever runs the club at the time wont be blinded by relief and unwilling to make a change.

I get a lot of flack from Everton friends for this but he falls in the Bruce/Hughs bucket of managers for me.
He's doing ok and his hands are tied so not really sure what can be done about it. Just hope that if we do survive, whoever runs the club at the time wont be blinded by relief and unwilling to make a change.
I agree in fact I think everyone does the only difference is some people accept thats probably what we need right now and others don't. Sean Dyche isn't going to get us playing like Man City and cracking the top 6 but I can live with that with everything thats going on and if he can keep us up this year and push a bit further away next year then its job done for me and send him on his way with thanks as we try to move forward.

I'm not advocating a sacking, but there is no way that an extension to his contract should be considered a fait acomplis at this stage. To do so would be naive in the extreme. It's the type of thing that someone that supported Lampard for months on end would do!

Just how long would you be extending it for, out of interest? 3 years? 6 years? Hell, why not give him a 10 year extension?

Paradoxically, Dyche is more likely to be moved on should he do a good job and see us through this difficult period, whereas he's more likely to be kept on if the club is still in chaos in 18 months time. He will certainly be kept on should we be relegated!

But in 18 months time, there's every chance that the ownership issue is resolved, the FFP issue has been sorted, and we are about to move into a new stadium. In such circumstances, it may not be wise to commit to Dycheball for another three years. Better options may be available depending on our circumstances at the time.

the club needs to running normal mate

If you add in those players you listed above you can't have Gomes in the side so how does he fall into the "full strength side" category?
Full strength squad to pick from.
I wasn't suggesting the manager would pick all the players I listed.
I was pointing out that he would have options.
I think Coleman Doucoure would be the only certain starters.
The extra players might allow the manager to vary the formation as well.

Imagine what would be said if apathy crept in. Not being funny but we’re talking about a fan base of substantial numbers here, the situation we are n is awful , people get upset about things they care about, sometimes people get angry .

We are talking about a industry that pays people millions of pounds a year to either coach or play football and apparently its blasphemy that people who aren’t millionaires, who actually pay to watch these folk week in week out and heaven forbid actually care and given the situations, performances and results , are the bad guys for not being subservient.

I can just imagine some at the club

“Our fans don’t half moan yeno”

Get beat again and a stinking performance

“ it’s gone now, just get behind the team”

They are lucky the fans are still invested as they are, given what’s gone on and one situation in particular which some don’t want mentioning at all or refuse to no longer discuss it.

As I said imagine what would they would be saying if substantial apathy took place.

He’s in a no lose situation currently with all the off field points deduction crap, zero funds for any signings and the ownership issue still floating around because the PL cba with us.

Until that’s all sorted he’s the only one really blameless and actually fronting it out for us.

Tbf I think he’s done a decent job - we should be mid table and clear.

I still have issues with his tactics and squad rotation, which may come back to bite us on the bum - dobbin and Danjuma should have started more games.

I think his pragmatism and stubbornness has been helping, but it may be his undoing long term, especially over team selection, tactics and subs.