Match Thread Everton v Aston Villa - Team Prediction, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
He probably won't get game time. But that is the problem in my opinion. We continue with DCL who doesn't offer a goal threat. We continue to draw or lose games because we don't score enough goals, and we stay right around the relegation zone for the rest of the season.
I don't think Dyche is always the best judge of ability. He persisted with Keane too long despite awful performances, same with young, and I think he'll do the same with DCL. A CFs number one job is to score and if DCL can't do that we need to try someone else.
maybe give DCL a break? try beto

dunno!

Grafted, could have won,could have lost,would have took the point beforehand,no real stand out options from the bench in midfield for us whereas these teams bring on the likes of Tielemans,oh for an intelligent centre forward like Watkins though.
Always thought him and Calvert-Lewin were at a similar level, but I think Watkins has improved all round.

If we had kicked the little ball in to the net, we probably would’ve won 1-0, considering Aston Villa didn’t (legally) get the ball in our net today.

A win would’ve returned us 3 points, but at least we gathered a point, which is obviously preferable than zero points!!

It would’ve been nice to prove that in this isolated day in history that we are better at football than Aston Villa, like we have many times in our history (and they have in theirs), but I’m sure there will be plenty more opportunities in the coming decades and perhaps centuries to get wins and draws against them, obviously barring any unforeseen calamities for either clubs, or a wider, societal and/or civilisation level catastrophe.

Status
Not open for further replies.