THE 2023/2024 EVERTON WOMENS SUPER LEAGUE & CUP GAMES

While nice, how does Everton go about further building the team for success this year, the next and the next?
Exactly - if we can't develop our own players in Womens football then what is the actual point of it ? Frustrates me that WSL sees the PL as something to mimic. Would prefer to see focus on local talent than shipping in players from overseas.

Exactly - if we can't develop our own players in Womens football then what is the actual point of it ? Frustrates me that WSL sees the PL as something to mimic. Would prefer to see focus on local talent than shipping in players from overseas.
I am less concerned re the nationality of the players compared to actually signing players to Everton contracts rather than other clubs loans.

A pic from a Friendly game we played at WHP on the weekend

1704741453290.png

So, staying up would perhaps be a success this season?
We will stay up, ive no doub about that. West Ham or Bristol City will to me be the 2 fighting it out to stay up. We are never getting in the top 4, and to me we wont be relegated. so Everton unless a huge amount of money is given towards the Girls, will always be aiming for 5th at the best, and probably always finish somewhere between 5th-11th. Villa have had a lot of money put into them the last few years, as have spurs, while even west ham who are fighting to stay up have made a few decent signings. though their signings have got more to do with who they go out with at our clubs etc

We will stay up, ive no doub about that. West Ham or Bristol City will to me be the 2 fighting it out to stay up. We are never getting in the top 4, and to me we wont be relegated. so Everton unless a huge amount of money is given towards the Girls, will always be aiming for 5th at the best, and probably always finish somewhere between 5th-11th. Villa have had a lot of money put into them the last few years, as have spurs, while even west ham who are fighting to stay up have made a few decent signings. though their signings have got more to do with who they go out with at our clubs etc
And via the wonders of "the Google", I answered my own question before I even posed it here - FFP applies (kind of) in the women's side, and Everton's troubles in that realm clearly affect what the women's side can expect in the near term future for spending.

Sometimes I wonder if a hard cap, similar to some US sports, is the way to go in football.....I can see positives and negatives to such an approach.