January transfer window 2024

Not being funny but how do you work that out mate? Tick what boxes? One is a crock, the other only plays when its a leap year!
One had an injury but was/is considered a class player. As for the other, he plays very little because he is behind Saka and Martinelli but he’s still a good option for us.

If everyone is saying we need a CM and another winger and we are in talks with Arsenal about Onana, we could do worse than come away with those two

The Sly Vultures are circling!!!

We need to, where possible keep and nurture our talent, yes we have multi fold money issues but we have to build a team capable of fortifying our position in the Premier League and not let these scum take all our talent at the drop of a hat.

I know its not real world stuff but I'm sick of seeing good players head through Our exit door!

Was originally of the opinion our appeal had to be sorted before the transfer window so that the teams around us know whether to stick or twist. But if we are to get some/all of our points back I hope it comes out 1 minute after the window slams shut. If we rocket back to mid table safety this week I could see the club/Mosh/777 cashing in on anyone who gets a decent offer.

One had an injury but was/is considered a class player. As for the other, he plays very little because he is behind Saka and Martinelli but he’s still a good option for us.

If everyone is saying we need a CM and another winger and we are in talks with Arsenal about Onana, we could do worse than come away with those two
Nelson was a bit stupid signing a new contract in summer IMO. He should've left and joined a team who would let him play. He does look a good player though

Nobody knows how much money we may have available. The reports that we are relying on loans just to keep the lights on smell like total BS to me, and more often than not they come from individuals or publications that have a history of getting things wrong, and/or publishing downright BS in the past. They can’t be trusted at all.

We also need to move away from referring to ourselves as some kind of joke outfit that nobody half decent would consider. The truth is that our squad already has some top names, and we are performing at the same level as super-duper Newcastle in the league.

If it turns out that FFP actually has some teeth (which seems to be the case) then the likes of Newcastle are going to be restricted in their spending just like we are!

The point being that we are not some unattractive joke that can’t attract good players. Once we have got this points deduction out of the way, we are every bit as attractive as bloody Newcastle!

Does that mean we are capable of signing whoever we want, of course not, but we are just as attractive as the likes of Newcastle, West Ham, and Aston Villa up until a few months ago.

Villa are also unlikely to maintain their current position in the top 4, just like Newcastle are unable to. And nobody will bat an eyelid if we beat Villa at the weekend.

We aren’t the joke that Matt Hughes wishes we were! We are more than capable of attracting the type of players that will end up at Villa or Newcastle.

Exactly what FFP was designed to do. Arsenal to have a £200m+ midfield whilst EFC forced to sell to avoid a points deduction.
A proper disgrace - how can it be legal ?

Clubs are companies with shareholders for crissakes - it is a an anti-competitive, monopoly-making rule.

Competition and Markets Authority - GOV.UK​

1704800673929.png
GOV.UK
https://www.gov.uk › Organisations

We help people, businesses and the UK economy by promoting competitive markets and tackling unfair behaviour.