6 + 2 Point Deductions

It’s Moshiri and the idiots on the board at that time that should be punished.
The players and the fans are totally innocent in all this.
I wish all our fan groups could Get together and take the Premier League to court separately. Seeing as all the premier league punishments to clubs(which have done much worse by the way) in the past have always maintained “YOU CANNOT PUNISH THE FANS”.
I’m sure our supporters would get together and fund the lawyers etc like we did for the banners on planes etc.
That would definitely put it back in the press

1704047527266.png

Keep an eye on this guy.....

This is why I can't sleep at night. On the one hand we have Matt Stanbury presenting what looks like a silver bullet to overturning this farce entirely, while Goat on the previous page says we might be "screwed"

Somebody is right, somebody is wrong. My biggest concern is that this has been swept under the carpet all too quickly. And unlike the RS, Man Utd etc, we've gone quiet and polite again.

We needed / need nightly vigils outside PL hq, demanding the points returned and the immediate resignation of those responsible for this mess. PL corrupt banners all over the city centre. 40,000 corrupt cards at every home game. Everything that was going on in the 8-10 days after the deduction every day.

Don't let those four wins cloud the issue. The PL are criminals who are actively trying to destroy a 145-year old club for the sake of their brand image.

It doesnt, as much as some make out it does. The points should have been suspended from the off - pending the appeal. As i said a few days ago, to me if i was one of the others at the bottom, i would acting as though Everton werent there and still had the 10points back
Same. Be the most sensible way of managing the situation.

For some reason I have never really read that thing I posted above.

I take it all back, we presented a decent case, in my limited experience, which lets be frank is nada.

They dismissed all mitigation, but lets be honest, we ARE guilty of what they say.

The problem is the unprecedented and totally unjust 10 points, for what amounts to a very minor breach, given the vast mitigation.

I'd still love to know where the 10 points has come from.

If the -6 is set in stone for a proven FFP breach in the premier league rulebook published every summer to clubs then that will be near impossible to argue back. It's just I've never heard of -6 being an automatic penalty before this verdict was given.

So probably have to accept that. What shouldn't be accepted is the extra 4 points. How watertight are those penalties. Did they deduct 1 point for the Sigurdsson stuff and then another for not getting sponsorship for BDM in time? And the other two?

Those extra four points seemed to have been plucked from thin air and with no real precedent so that imo has to be challenged.

I'd still love to know where the 10 points has come from.

If the -6 is set in stone for a proven FFP breach in the premier league rulebook published every summer to clubs then that will be near impossible to argue back. It's just I've never heard of -6 being an automatic penalty before this verdict was given.

So probably have to accept that. What shouldn't be accepted is the extra 4 points. How watertight are those penalties. Did they deduct 1 point for the Sigurdsson stuff and then another for not getting sponsorship for BDM in time? And the other two?

Those extra four points seemed to have been plucked from thin air and with no real precedent so that imo has to be challenged.
Last time I checked and im going off memory, but the section in breaches of PSR it only ever said "Sporting Sanctions" or something similar.

As far as im aware there was never a set in stone penalty in the rule book, I would have to check again at some point.

Please explain how you feel destroying a 145 year old club is good for their brand image.
If they successfully kill a club like us, Wolves, Palace etc, they are showing themselves to be an unstoppable deity - an ultimate embodiment of authority who can't be touched by an independent regulator. Plus, one less club to worry about upsetting the status quo like Leicester did.

It's one less risk to the supremacy of the Sky darlings and the target demographic that worships them from thousands of miles away... they matter more than the match goer to those in power.

Well, that's the PL's logic anyway. Obviiously it's complete and utter equine excrement, but since they could well hold the key as to whether or not we stay up and remain solvent, it's the only logic that matters it would seem.

I reckon we need minimum 20 more points from the remaining 18 games. It’s doable.
35 points is the target judging by recent seasons. In view of the fact that our actual results so far produce an average of 1.33 points per game (ignoring the 10 pt deduction) then short of a catastrophic fall off in results over the rest of the season a point a game on average will be enough.