2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

I like DCL. He’s our first-choice striker. But he’s out of form. Beto deserves his chance given he’s actually scored a few goals lately. Or else play both.
I've long held the view that Dom may be better suited in a two with a more prolific partner. Not happening soon tbf, I don't think. It looked like he may have found an extra gear for goalscoring under Ancelotti, but it does increasingly look like it was the exception.

Still, he's an asset. What was it, £2m we got him for? Gets forgotten quite often.

I've long held the view that Dom may be better suited in a two with a more prolific partner. Not happening soon tbf, I don't think. It looked like he may have found an extra gear for goalscoring under Ancelotti, but it does increasingly look like it was the exception.

Still, he's an asset. What was it, £2m we got him for? Gets forgotten quite often.
The tupe of striker he is, I think he'd suit playing with someone, let dcl do the hold up work and the other one play off him and behind the defenders.

That isn't beto though so probably won't happen

The tupe of striker he is, I think he'd suit playing with someone, let dcl do the hold up work and the other one play off him and behind the defenders.

That isn't beto though so probably won't happen
I'm not even sure the type of striker I'm thinking of actually exists in the English game anymore though. A Defoe, Owen, Fowler or Cottee.

Even though we know DCL isn't a Yak level finisher, his current drought feels like a bit of a trough he's in. Nothing is going for him. I'd expect some misses, but it's everything at the minute. Needs to break out of it, could really do with him converting a few.

DCL is far better for the way we set up. He can hold the ball up and bring others into play. Beto is better with the ball played into the channels were he can use his strength and pace . I feel the player we are missing at the moment is Doucoure he seems like he has found the knack of being in the right place at the right time.