New Everton Stadium Discussion

Anybody comparing Liverpool and Everton stadia should realise that Liverpool have been winning trophies for fun for the past 30 years whereas we have had a handful of relegation fights, won one solemn cup 23 years ago, and had a best finish of 4th since the Premier League started - and still typically failed to get into the CL group.

Liverpool have fans in every single country and probably can count half of Asia as being Liverpool supporters.

They've been able to bully and force local residents out of their family homes to continually increase their ground size.

They are a money machine of a club and that won't change and didn't change in the periods without big success.

We are not. We are crap and thus shouldn't feel entitled to have a bigger or better ground than them.

Ours will be newer, more modern and be in the best location in the city. I wouldn't swap a smaller BMD location ground with Anfield in a million years.
As my wife says, "Size isn't everything "

It has one tier, which is currently unfinished and has gaps in for the roof truss supports.

Don't wipe your arse before you finish shitting.

I know its unfinished and has gaps in. Doesnt make it any more appealing when its done. Its still not the blue wall wave whatever it was made out to be originally.

Doesn it even have more seats than thr Gwladys Street does now?

Anybody comparing Liverpool and Everton stadia should realise that Liverpool have been winning trophies for fun for the past 30 years whereas we have had a handful of relegation fights, won one solemn cup 23 years ago, and had a best finish of 4th since the Premier League started - and still typically failed to get into the CL group.

We wish it was 23 years ago, that would have been another cup to celebrate.

Not great then. Remember they were talking biggest home end in europe at 1 point

Also just to confirm mate it would never have been classed/mentioned as the biggest home end in Europe. The yellow wall at Dortmund holds 25k and the largest I think the Blue wall was ever going to get to was 16.5k/17k max and that was with the original 62k design.

I dont think anyone is saying it should be as big capacity as Liverpool. My issue is we was sold a blue wall originally and now its a bit of a let down and looks to have 2 tiers instead of 1. (Even tho its still classed as 1). Ive been past the site a number of times and the south stand wont be intimidating as Spurs or Dortmund like we was promised.
Spot on that. It's annoyed me that it is not a continuous flow of seats, and is more like two tiers. The whole point of a large single tier is to get the fans stood up as one as often as possible. I'd be interested to know if they can remove that divide so to get it back to one single tier.

Also mentioned elsewhere that's its 60 rows, originally it was 66?

It's going to be more like half a Blue Wall now, with the top tier sat.

Why haven't they made the back quarter rail seats too? That says to me that any standing we do get the stewards and the pa will be trying to get fans sat.

After all, it very high and steep up there, they will have safety concerns of fans stood at the back.

The very back has also been the traditional positiin for fans who generate the songs. So they want them all at the front. That won't work as well. Fans starting off songs are more comfortable doing so hidden away at the back right under the roof. Only ultras work well at the front.