New Everton Stadium Discussion

Given the unstoppable rise in energy costs I wonder how much of that is adding to the cost of the build. More importantly what sustainable energy alternatives have been thought about to reduce annual stadium maintenance costs?

Given the unstoppable rise in energy costs I wonder how much of that is adding to the cost of the build. More importantly what sustainable energy alternatives have been thought about to reduce annual stadium maintenance costs?

We’re a Premier League football club, I don’t think energy bills are even a concern to us. Every single other club in the league has electricity at their stadium anyway.

There's a huge solar array going on the roof.

My guess is that with that, and the state of the art materials, floodlights etc., it'll be significantly more energy efficient than Goodison.

It will of course be bigger, with more facilities - but the extra revenue they'll bring in will offset any increase in energy usage. We're not going to run bigger hospitality lounges where we lose more on electricity than we make in revenue!

Right next to a gigantic windmill, which I believe is being hard wired in as we speak, p.s don't tell Davek !
Also I believe hasn't the roof on the stadium being changed to some sort of solar panelling, this newer roof looks plainer and dull, I'm sure the original roof was better looking and shinier.

There's tonnes and tonnes of articles about how this build will be the best eco friendly stadium ever built, from materials used to build the stadium, to electricity and water.

This was from an article in Feb 2021

Referring to the sustainable features, the report says: “These include a range of measures designed to minimise energy demand and associated C02 emissions, such as utilising natural ventilation, employing low energy lighting; the installation of 2,050 sq m of photovoltaic cells.”

Those cells are the solar panels on the South Stand roof.

There's nothing that this design won't have thought of when it comes to electricity, water and waste management

That's class.

The changing room looks massive!
Is this the dressing room ?

Screenshot_20220923-125011_Chrome.jpg