2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gordon is suffering from second season syndrome (as expected). Defenders know how dangerous he is and he getting closed down quicker and marked. But as a result, other players have more space.

It's a squad game so I won't worry too much about his form. It's a far cry from last season when we only have 1-2 danger players. Now we have 3-5 players who are capable to pick up the attacking responsibilities.

Gordon's off the ball running is still important because he is still very dangerous if allowed space. He'll pick up some form later on (I hope).

He needs to get to Gray's level to be anywhere near excellent in games IMO.

We can't rely on him and he's young enough to go out of form and find it.

Mate, we are nowhere near good enough to leave a top draw talent like Gordon out. It's as simple as that. Enjoy him while heres here, before he goes off to an elite team (in all likelihood).

Gordon is suffering from second season syndrome (as expected). Defenders know how dangerous he is and he getting closed down quicker and marked. But as a result, other players have more space.

It's a squad game so I won't worry too much about his form. It's a far cry from last season when we only have 1-2 danger players. Now we have 3-5 players who are capable to pick up the attacking responsibilities.

Gordon's off the ball running is still important because he is still very dangerous if allowed space. He'll pick up some form later on (I hope).

Hes got 2 in 7. That translates to 10 open play goals. If that's a poor 2nd season, I hope he has a poor 2nd season.

Gray has 1 goal against Forest and a goal in the cup which equals Gordon's 2. He's also created more chances.

So 1 goal in the league then?

Hes done well Gray and looks sharp, but still hasnt matched Gordon's goal tally. Ultimately they both play. Gordon is at a level where he is undroppable for us.

Needs to get fitter, and wasnt at his best today, but put a good shift in defensively and won some great tackles.

So 1 goal in the league then?

Hes done well Gray and looks sharp, but still hasnt matched Gordon's goal tally. Ultimately they both play. Gordon is at a level where he is undroppable for us.

Needs to get fitter, and wasnt at his best today, but put a good shift in defensively and won some great tackles.

By 1 goal on the back of the fact Gordon played...up front. Since moving out wide created zero, scored zero.

We don't create enough. And he doesn't do enough apart from run into players and pick up yellow cards (he's on 4 already).

Trying to rely on him every week is gonna give because there's options lamps can play IMO. And I think Gordon would be more effective off the bench with 30mins to go rather than a starting

Last edited:
By 1 goal on the back of the fact Gordon played...up front. Since moving out wide created zero, scored zero.

We don't create enough. And he doesn't do enough apart from run into players and pick up yellow cards (he's on 4 already).

Trying to rely on him every week is gonna give because there's options lamps can play IMO. And I think Gordon would be more effective off the bench with 30mins to go rather than a starting

You dont have a lad of Gordon's quality on the bench mate. He is our best attacking threat, and has to start where possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.