SCRAP VAR

Status
Not open for further replies.
After yesterday and seeing West Ham it’s Needs to be gone out the game because no way should that of been a disallowed goal the fact he even looked at it and changed his mind from real time. Also match officials need to be better and rules need to be made crystal clear and explained also at some kind of meeting so fans can understand precisely what the rules are also how VVD didn’t get sent off after seeing it back on tele he’s gone down the leg of onana and then I didn’t even see what onana got booked for looked like nothing so if they are both yellows where’s the line for a red card if you state reckless dangerous tackle if onana is stood at a different angle then VVD tackle is certainly dangerous the problem we have is zero consistency and I think that ultimately lies with the officials but also with so many different rule changes leaving obscurity within officiating.

I agree the people running it aren’t up to it.

But I honestly don’t think the technology is good, not yet, anyway.

We don’t have enough cameras with sufficient frame rate or resolution to make calls accurately.

It’s also painfully slow.

It needs to be fully automated and as fast as Hawkeye. The ref should know before the whistle hits his lips whether he’s blowing for a goal or a free kick.

That’s the only way to keep VAR and the spontaneous joy of celebrating a goal.

Until that’s ready, we should ditch it.

I mean, this is never ever happening lol

One reason VAR is getting more corrupt is because the quality of the mid table teams are getting very good and they're getting desperate to change the outcome of the match. It just rarely seems like VAR decisions go against the top 6. The decisions below seem to have gone to a top 6 team.

Video Assisted Match Fixing

What annoys me is not one single manager yet has asked why its not being used for just "clear and obvious" errors as thats what it was sold as to be voted in by the 20 PL clubs.

It was clearly blagged in by the big 6/PL and so the other 14 wouldn't vote against it.

Just make these Kin lines 1 foot thick and give the goal scorer the advantage = No more Fannyin around with kneecaps and eyebrows offside !!
I like this idea, maybe not a foot but 6 inches and if there is any overlap of the two lines = onside or possibly bring in 'linesman call' like in cricket for lbw.

That would mean the attacker would need to be 12 inches offside to overrule an on field close call.

If you think that was a foul on mendy mate you should just give up on football. Mendy made a terrible mistake and faked injury as he knew he’d cocked up.
How did he cock up? He had 4 seconds still to get up and defend his goal and why would he fake injury knowing the whistle wasn't blown. He was quite clearly impeded. You can't be serious right?

You genuinely think a professional keeper pretended to be down injured and allowed a goal to just go in without a keeper in it?

Apparently Mendy is going to be out injured for the next game because of the collision too.

You only need to look at the official twitter account of the Premier League to see that they don't even try to hide it.:(

2022-09-04.png

Close thread. This nails it all day long. It works in almost every sport and in other leagues. The operators are the problem.

Every other sport as clear defined rules. Football is open to interpretation apart from...offsides and the ball crossing the line.

Officials got things wrong without it and get things wrong with it. You can accept 1 person getting it wrong based on his own opinion. You can't accept 60 camera angles, and multiple officials getting it wrong.

How did he cock up? He had 4 seconds still to get up and defend his goal and why would he fake injury knowing the whistle wasn't blown. He was quite clearly impeded. You can't be serious right?

You genuinely think a professional keeper pretended to be down injured and allowed a goal to just go in without a keeper in it?

Apparently Mendy is going to be out injured for the next game because of the collision too.
I can’t disagree with this post more if I tried.

For one thing, I have no idea where you’re getting 4 seconds from, I’ve literally just timed it and it’s less than 3 seconds between impact and the goal going in, no way Mendy is getting up and saving Cornet’s shot even if he got straight up and attempted to.

And that’s before we even discuss the fact that it was a totally innocent minor coming together of players that in no way would have caused Mendy to lay rolling around on the floor like that. You doubt a professional keeper would feign injury? LOL, have you never watched football mate? He ballsed up his parry, saw it fall straight to Cornet’s feet, and tried to pull a fast one. And the ref and VAR fell for it like the couple of divs that they are.

I do believe there was nothing wrong with that goal mate

I can’t disagree with this post more if I tried.

For one thing, I have no idea where you’re getting 4 seconds from, I’ve literally just timed it and it’s less than 3 seconds between impact and the goal going in, no way Mendy is getting up and saving Cornet’s shot even if he got straight up and attempted to.

And that’s before we even discuss the fact that it was a totally innocent minor coming together of players that in no way would have caused Mendy to lay rolling around on the floor like that. You doubt a professional keeper would feign injury? LOL, have you never watched football mate? He ballsed up his parry, saw it fall straight to Cornet’s feet, and tried to pull a fast one. And the ref and VAR fell for it like the couple of divs that they are.
Exactly this. They actually fell for it twice as he reviewed it on the monitor as well, which makes it even worse.

The problem is offside is meant to be an objective reality. Offside=offside whether it’s a full two yards in front or an inch of a shoulder. It’s very easy to say give the decision threshold more wiggle room but that then defeats the purpose of technology which is supposed to be razor sharp.

Imagine getting relegated by a goal that was offside but because it wasn’t offside enough the goal counted. It would be awful.

Also , if you allow say 10% tolerance for example … you will just have the same arguments when someone is 11% offside etc .

There will always be people on the edge of the line etc. what should be being done is that if it’s not clear that they were offside and the decision isn’t easy, that the benefit of the doubt should go to the attacker

Status
Not open for further replies.