SCRAP VAR

Status
Not open for further replies.

It's not VAR as that's just pictures, it's the quality of the person reviewing that.

Bear in mind that one of those people is Lee Mason, that gives you an idea of the standard.

Don't know if you e seen Moyes post match comments, but he's bang on.

Forget all the armpits and was his toe nail in front nonsense. It should be clear daylight between the players as that would create a real advantage.

If we got goals given against us for that I wouldn’t be asking for it to change either as it’s equal to both sides but this is just a mess now.

I wouldn't scrap it because referees would have more opportunities to just say I did not see it, especially when referring matches against top teams. At least now even if they make wrong decisions, they are being critized by the media so there is a leve of accountability that before did not exist. It just needs fixed and I think we'll get there eventually.

The technology = good
The humans running it = bad

*mic drop
I agree the people running it aren’t up to it.

But I honestly don’t think the technology is good, not yet, anyway.

We don’t have enough cameras with sufficient frame rate or resolution to make calls accurately.

It’s also painfully slow.

It needs to be fully automated and as fast as Hawkeye. The ref should know before the whistle hits his lips whether he’s blowing for a goal or a free kick.

That’s the only way to keep VAR and the spontaneous joy of celebrating a goal.

Until that’s ready, we should ditch it.

Forget all the armpits and was his toe nail in front nonsense. It should be clear daylight between the players as that would create a real advantage.

If we got goals given against us for that I wouldn’t be asking for it to change either as it’s equal to both sides but this is just a mess now.

The problem is offside is meant to be an objective reality. Offside=offside whether it’s a full two yards in front or an inch of a shoulder. It’s very easy to say give the decision threshold more wiggle room but that then defeats the purpose of technology which is supposed to be razor sharp.

Imagine getting relegated by a goal that was offside but because it wasn’t offside enough the goal counted. It would be awful.

Status
Not open for further replies.