Transfer Window rating

Out of 10, what's your rating of our Window?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope folks will calm down and realise this is not a bad window.

Chances will increase, goals will come, back 4 will be better protected. We’ll concede less. More likely less goals needed to win.

This window was never about prolific signings, we can’t afford that, it’s all about building a solid base with hardworking players to give the squad a good chance to survive.

Having said that, I still don’t see any point in signing McNeil.

3/10

There are no goals in the side. No quality in attack. And whether we stay in this league depends on the fitness of a player who can't put games together

The idea this was a good window is utter nonsense and there is a lot of delusion going around. If you have as few goals as we do then there's little chance of not being in and around the bottom

Biggest issues of last season, namely Benitez, a non existant midfield and terrified surrendering defence have been addressed. It would have been nice to get another CF but Dom will be back soon and the plan was always to get cover for him, which we have done in Maupay.

Frank will be expecting a bigger contribution in goals from Gordon, Gray, McNeil as well as Iwobi, Onana and Garner.

It will take the new lads some time to bed in but Frank and Kev have had to address years of mismanagement so we should give them time. I'm really pleased with the addittions and the removal of a chunk of deadwood.

I’ve scored a 7/10. It’s too early to tell but I’m very optimistic that we’ve finally addressed the midfield especially.
For recent seasons our midfield has been non existent and usually overrun with an inability to keep hold of possession
I hope that it creates a solid balance in our performances and allows what forwards we have more opportunities to score..
What I can’t understand is why they let our young forwards/strikers go out on loan instead of giving them opportunities/experience in the premier league. That is the biggest mismanagement of all.
Worst midfield in living memory for the last few seasons. Optimistic that with it now being addressed we will have much better quality of possession and not roll over time and time again. Central defence is 100% better. Not overly disappointed. I’ll be generous with a 7.

It's a difficult one because we have undoubtedly strengthened the defence and midfield but losing Richy and not bringing in a decent replacement leaves us bereft in attack , the most important area of the pitch.

It's quite simple. If you don't score you don't win.

I worry where goals will come from.

1/10 for me.

Was a half decent window but when they tried to sign that Diaz last min reeked of pure desperation.

Like watching some meff going through an ashtray trying to find some used bifters they can take to smoke.

Very very disappointing in the end.

Look a lot better than last season, decent mix of youth and experience, defence and midfield look a lot better, and that was where we got shafted last season. Up to Lampard to get a tune from them now.

Attack is a bit of a worry, mind.

6/10 for me.

We are in the process of a rebuild and under the financial restrictions due to poor buys and kee jerks of previous managers/DoFs.

The one area people are mainly moaning about is up top. Frank clearly has a plan and wanted Maupay as cover for Dom - he explained this a couple of weeks ago. He clearly saw defense and midfield as the priorities and I think he was right. If you don't get walked through every match you are less likely to concede. If you don't concede you don't get beat. Footy basics that and has to be the starting point, unless you are Kevin Keegan.

This is good business under that lense.

Loaned - First Team: Dele Alli (Besiktas, Turkey), Jarrad Branthwaite (PSV, Holland), Jean-Philippe Gbamin (Trabzonspor, Turkey), Andre Gomes (LOSC Lille, France), Niels Nkounkou (Cardiff City, Championship), Joao Virginia (Cambuur, Holland)
Youth: Ryan Astley (Accrington, League One), Nathan Broadhead (Wigan, Championship), Lewis Dobbin (Derby County, Championship), Lewis Gibson (Bristol Rovers, League One), Tyler Onyango (Burton Albion, League One), Ellis Simms (, Sunderland Championship), Harry Tyrer (Chester, National League North), Lewis Warrington (Fleetwood Town)

Released - Fabian Delph, Jonjoe Kenny (Hertha Berlin, Germany), Gylfi Sigurdsson, Cenk Tosun (Besiktas, Turkey)

Incoming​

Transferred - James Garner (Manchester United, Premier League), Idrissa Gueye (PSG, France), Neal Maupay (Brighton, Premier League), Dwight McNeil (Burnley, Championship), Amadou Onana (Lille, France)

Loaned - Conor Coady (Wolves), Ruben Vinagre (Sporting CP, Portugal)

Free Agents - James Tarkowski (Burnley, Championship)

6 because the paucity up top is too much of a concern.

I don't fault the effort I do fault the outcome whilst granting that things were done far better than in previous years.

Something to build on but needed more tools.

You can see who think's FIFA is a realistic representation of transfer negotiations and who understands that its a lot more complex. Especially side with financial issues and having to make money go further.

I think it is a really good window. Total revamp of defence, midfield and general mentality. Out with the wage draining slugs, in with the leaders with great injury records. Would I have liked a striker? Yeah course, would have I been happy with Diaz for £20m who would only get relegated to the bench once DCL was fit? Absolutely not.

The ones moaning about the lack of striker would moan if we overpaid for another slug

Like it or not, Thelwell had valuations and stuck to them. It sets a good tone for us moving forward. No more panic buys or overinflated fees.

Status
Not open for further replies.