Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were never signjng a prolific goalscorer this summer mate those types of players cost you £50+ millions.

Dominic Calvert-Lewin, Maupay & Gordon will do enough until next summer.
One is injured all the time & if something happens to Gordon, or he stops scoring then It 100% isn't enough.

How we can bring in Tarkowski and Coady for no transfer fee, but completely neglect forward areas is beyond me.

Hope Calvert-Lewin can stay fit and hope we can stay out the bottom 3 come January and hope the club get their finger out and bring in some support.

Lampards right, there's a void in attacking areas. Replacing a player who directly contributed over a third of our goals last season in Richarlison with Maupay and McNeil doesn't bode well.

I think the big question, and I dont say this to slaughter him as I like him, but the big question is why spend funds on McNeil.

I can kind of see the Coady/Tarkowski thing, especially in light of the 2 injuries we got. The McNeil thing is odd though, I'd have got either a wide forward, or a striker in before McNeil.

I can only think we put all eggs in the Broja basket.

How we can bring in Tarkowski and Coady for no transfer fee, but completely neglect forward areas is beyond me.

Hope Calvert-Lewin can stay fit and hope we can stay out the bottom 3 come January and hope the club get their finger out and bring in some support.

Lampards right, there's a void in attacking areas. Replacing a player who directly contributed over a third of our goals last season in Richarlison with Maupay and McNeil doesn't bode well.
Maupay scored more goals than Richarlison mate, not saying he is half the player, but if offered these signings at the start of Summer I would have bite your hand clean from the bone. I really think we have improved immensely.

It's not cry arsing either, it beggars belief tbh that we've spent all summer recruiting defence and midfield and not sorting up front.

I'm happy with Maupay, jury's out with Mcneil, 15% of the season will be gone after Saturday and DCL hasn't played a minute, Gordon with a couple of early goals is a bonus and Gray will be consistently inconsistent and thats our lot.

Only 43 goals scored last season though mate, have we fixed that problem? (unless there's a surprise striker signing before the window shuts)
We had a negative 23 goal difference. We sure ourselves up which I think we massively have and we’ll be comfortable.

Just to put this into context, if we’d have had Maupay’s goals last season instead of Richarlison’s we’d have scored 41 goals instead of 43.

Status
Not open for further replies.