Confirmed Signing James Garner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Real good signing I think, especially for the money involved.

Garner
Onana
Gordon
Paterson

4 20/21 year olds with a lot of pace, energy, mobility and talent. Will be so nice to see a bit of energy in that team, we’ve been so one paced for so long.

Many managers have come in, must have seen it and done nothing about it or worse, added to it. Frank’s seen it and tried to change the dynamic of the team. Fair play.

I'll be honest, not seen much of him.

What sort of player is he?
The type of player that allows two other all rounders in midfield rather than
a static 4231 with two DM and an a AM (aka Gana, Scneiderlin, Sig)
The type of player that provides the onfield orientation for other players, no matter the formation - where Iwobi and Onana can do their thing without it unravelling (contrast with Davies and Gomes)
A 6 who can score goals and take free kicks, who can defend, ball carry and pass in equal measure.
A player Coady can form a centre spine with.

Under Frank he can become a complete midfielder. The lad tackles like a demon, has good vision, pace and can slot as well.

He’s only 21 and a bit raw but you can see he’s a real talent.

Garner, Gordon, Onana = Some serious young talent.

Real good signing I think, especially for the money involved.

Garner
Onana
Gordon
Paterson

4 20/21 year olds with a lot of pace, energy, mobility and talent. Will be so nice to see a bit of energy in that team, we’ve been so one paced for so long.

Many managers have come in, must have seen it and done nothing about it or worse, added to it. Frank’s seen it and tried to change the dynamic of the team. Fair play.

Was going to say the same thing

Patterson
Garner
Onana
Gordon

4/11 will be U21 and all with vast potential.

I remember Roy Keane replying to a question something like:

"Roy would you say you were a defensive midfielder, box to box...or how would you describe yourself"

-- I was a central midfielder.

He then went on to state that he wanted to see more players able to do 'everything' rather than just be seen as defensive or attacking and pigeon holed.

Have to say, Garner is a central midfielder who can do the lot...

Status
Not open for further replies.