Confirmed Signing Neal Maupay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why does everyone assume just because he scores 10 goals/season for Brighton, he'll do the same for us?
This is Everton Football Club.
Things are not that easy.

Brighton actually create, and he's known to miss sitters and not score with their fans

His actually scoring record is very similar to Rondon but at Brighton.

Very difficult to be overjoyed with this. I guess I'll just have to keep telling myself he's an " intelligent player " rather than a goal scorer.
Rondon in his prime? Because it's not like Rondon's current record!

As I said he does miss chances, but he does score goals too, it's not like he is completely devoid of them.

He is pretty much a lock to score 10 in a season. It's what he does.

He is good enough to start for Brighton. He was starting for them until this season.

Not everybody is going to be a superstar.

It is not a concern to me at all.

Brighton would not be letting him go so easily if he was part of Potters plans. And he would not be coming here unless he was assured a starting place.

He averages 9 goals a season across the last 3 seasons, playing in a Brighton team that creates more chances and plays better Football than we do. The chances that he comes in and scores 10 or around that number are realistic, but is that going to be enough.

I understand that not everybody is going to be a superstar, but I think we should be targeting starting CFs who could produce better than 10 a season. Maupay is not that.

Rondon in his prime? Because it's not like Rondon's current record!

As I said he does miss chances, but he does score goals too, it's not like he is completely devoid of them.
Rondons goal scoring record in the premier league.

We don't creat half as what Brighton do so I'm not expecting big things, he's probably the least clinical striker we could buy.

Rondons goal scoring record in the premier league.

We don't creat half as what Brighton do so I'm not expecting big things, he's probably the least clinical striker we could buy.
You are looking purely at stats. We create less than them so he will score less. It doesn't really work like that. He may create a good bond with Gordon or Gray or whoever and score loads.

You honestly never know until a player actually plays for the club. There are loads of players we thought would be good signings who ended up being crap, there are also loads of players who we thought would be crap who ended up being good.

Maupay has his uses, we just need to use them.

Status
Not open for further replies.