Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
In your version of Ancelotti's season did Allan and Doucoure not get injured?

We finished 10th, from memory. Happy to be corrected. But why are you suggesting that Allan and Doucoure getting injured made no difference to Ancelotti's tactics?

Injuries don’t matter at Everton apparently

Keane is just as good as Mina
Siggurdson just as good as James
Rondon just as good as DCL
Davies just as good as Allan/Doucoure

Managers should just get wins regardless of the circumstances, play the formation the fans want, and do it in a progressive style that the media like or they can gtfo.

This proves the longstanding theory that Spanish names = good automatically
B5-F7-B67-C-1-EB7-494-B-AEAF-D3-DEDB130087.gif

Not always.

I keep seeing these stories that Everton have asked for either Gallagher or Broja on loan, and it seemed a little odd to say, “can we have either the midfielder or the striker?,” especially after reports that Chelsea might offer both players as part of their Gordon pursuit.

It occurred to me that it may be a financial request, i.e., Chelsea will sell these players to Everton to sweeten the deal, and Everton came back with a request to buy one but take the other on loan. Doing so would keep more money available and so makes better sense to me. It seems like a weak request otherwise, but i reckon that also makes its own kind of Everton sense.

Injuries don’t matter at Everton apparently

Keane is just as good as Mina
Siggurdson just as good as James
Rondon just as good as Dominic Calvert-Lewin
Davies just as good as Allan/Doucoure

Managers should just get wins regardless of the circumstances, play the formation the fans want, and do it in a progressive style that the media like or they can gtfo.
At the same time you simply can't use injuries as an excuse forever, literally every club has people get hurt.

He just explained why that occurred ,extensive injuries that left Carlo adapting his tactics which lessened our effectiveness at winning games that required us to be more open and attacking

In your version of Ancelotti's season did Allan and Doucoure not get injured?

We finished 10th, from memory. Happy to be corrected. But why are you suggesting that Allan and Doucoure getting injured made no difference to Ancelotti's tactics?
Not really the thread for it but I don't really agree with this idea. Allan was playing defensive midfield (with Doucoure next to him) for a run of games where we conceded at least 2 goals a game 7 times in 8 games. The pair of them played together in games against Southampton, Leeds and Fulham off the top of my head where we had absolutely no control over the middle of the pitch whatsoever. Allan flattered to deceive massively, he started that first season with a superb game against Spurs and another couple of good performances early on which bought him a lot of goodwill and patience but in the main he was average and a big part of the problems we had and still have.

I sincerely hope the days of us wasting money on players like him are gone.

If I was frank and my only striker option was Rondon I wouldn't be apprehensive about any potential upgrade would be open with dwight Gayle over Rondon

Note: Everton please don't sign dwight Gayle

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.