Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see a 433 at times if Gana signs you will have Gana/ Allan for the DM slot. Onana / Doucoure for box to box. Iwobi/Kuddus number ten. Assuming Allan stays that's a good set of options. Now we need forwards.

Yeah but where does Coady fit into the first or McNeil the second. Obviously it's a squad game etc just struggling to understand what they're aiming for.
The 343 we've got plays more like a 4231 when we have possession because Patterson plays so far forward (and Holgate moves over to cover), and McNeil then tucks in to be closer to a CAM anyway. So Kudus could play that role as an alternative to McNeill without requiring a change of system.

Or play 352 and use McNeil as a utility guy who in theory could cover the CAM or even the second striker or even the LWB. Options are never a bad thing.

He's Ghana be a boss signing for us
Don't think I've ever seen YouTube video with so many successful dribbles. Fantastic close control and change of direction. Only worry is his injury record but loan with option sounds good.

Is this just more hot air though. Who knows?

Edit. Just seen later posts saying it's close. Excellent.

Last edited:
Should've just kept Ellis Simms or Lewis Dobbin around ffs
You get a like, my good man, simply for correctly spelling and punctuating a contraction.

Attention lazy people: when you write "should of" and you find yourself receiving criticism, it's because you should've written "should've", which is the correctly contracted form of "should have".

Be like @Pseudonym please.

The 343 we've got plays more like a 4231 when we have possession because Patterson plays so far forward (and Holgate moves over to cover), and McNeil then tucks in to be closer to a CAM anyway. So Kudus could play that role as an alternative to McNeill without requiring a change of system.

Or play 352 and use McNeil as a utility guy who in theory could cover the CAM or even the second striker or even the LWB. Options are never a bad thing.
Yeah, I get it, it's good to have options and build the quality of the squad. Just interested in how they all fit together and Broadly speaking I think we should be looking for consistency in team selection.

Status
Not open for further replies.