2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know for a fact that he's told Everton he doesn't want to go so the club should come out and say so to protect the kid.

Fair enough

The lad can nip it in the bid straight away right now with a social media post though. No one can force him out, he's contracted till 2025.

He can control the media narrative himself, if what is being reported is untrue

Reactions: den
I’m bothered that every story on this says he wants to go to Chelsea, and there’s been no denial from Gordon. In this age, I’d expect at least an eye roll GIF on social media from the player.

Then looks stupid when he does go.

I'm of the opinion that no team bids for a player without feelers being put out to the players representatives.
Remember Harry Redknapp said it goes on all the time.
Honestly wouldn't be surprised if agreeing terms with the player was the first part of a transfer instead of second to last.

Why should he have to tell the world, he's told his club.

Because although he's under contract mate he can't be sold against his will, but staying quiet the lads a blue he's seen this script on players he's supported as a kid.

Doesn't want to go say it, don't let the club spin it onto him.

Guarantee he does that the club will spin it as them holding resolute and keeping him. No matter that they currently are trying to sell him

I’m bothered that every story on this says he wants to go to Chelsea, and there’s been no denial from Gordon. In this age, I’d expect at least an eye roll GIF on social media from the player.
Saying nothing keeps ALL his options open. The lads not daft.

Status
Not open for further replies.