2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many wide forwards, are going to score 10, none penalty goals in our team though mate?
Is this like go through world football and pick them out? There are quite a few, obviously most of them will not actually end up in our team.

I'm not really sure what the point is though, I just think through two games and based on what he did last season 10 goals is a bit of a pipe dream.

I know they are raking it in but it still doesnt allow for near 250 million this far on purchases and potential purchases, its a mad world so heavily in favour of these corrupt clubs that means we and others have no chance!

it stinks 100%

and yes it is a bit of resentment as Chelsea are freakin nobodies in real terms!

Don't want to upset you but we spent just under £200m in Moshiri's second season with us, with incredibly bad commercial deals, did you outrage then?

I like Gordon but I cant see how he gets in the England side as an attacking player.

Look at Arsenal with Saka and Smith-Rowe, hows he getting ahead of those two?

Beyond that of course Bowen,Sterling, Grealish, Mount...Gordons nowhere near them.

I'm not saying that to be mean but all of those 6 players are currently showing consistent end product in comparison.

But for that major injury he'd be seen as up there as one of the best young centre backs on the planet.

He's shown that he's got the mindset to improve himself, effort and pace on the pitch and of course makes some very clever runs...

...but hes yet to show any end product. Even flashes of something where I'd raise my eyebrows and watch a replay.

To be honest, I wonder if MGW wont end up a far superior player than Gordon. He's shown a huge amount in the Championship. Yes theres a big gulf but his stats were eye opening.

Im confused by this...what has Gordon done to warrant a pay rise?

What makes Gordon a valuable asset?

Mystified honestly...because Chelsea are offering insane money for him doesnt make him high value to Everton on the pitch...nor does it make him a £45mil level player for Everton.

If Morgan Gibbs White or Eddie Nketiah were offered to Everton for £45/50mil would you be happy to bring either / both in?

As thats the level above anything Gordon has shown in terms of end product...

Hes miles better than MGW and Nketia mate.

Nketia is years older than him and got 10 goals in his PL career.

MGW is older than him and has 1 PL goal in 50 games.

It doesn't but I don't think it's sustainable if they do it again next year. They've made a big loss on Werner, they will make a big loss on Lukaku after his loan, they will make a huge loss on Kepa, and they will end up spending about £350m + this window if their targets come off.

There is no fairness in financial fair play. It's about maintaining the position of the elite clubs.

Again, completely different argument.

Top English player transfers

£78m Harry Maguire
£73m Jadon Sancho
£50m Ben White
£49m Aaron Wan-Bissaka
£49m Raheem Sterling
£47.5m John Stones

Get an offer that puts him in the top 3 and wish him well in London.
My god when you look at that, Gordon could cost more than Sterling. I suppose that's the going rate for an English youngster.

Hes miles better than MGW and Nketia mate.

Nketia is years older than him and got 10 goals in his PL career.

MGW is older than him and has 1 PL goal in 50 games.
I'd gladly take 45m and turn some of it into MGW. Genuine coin flip on who ends up the better player so having the extra 20m is a win.

Status
Not open for further replies.