Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Behind closed doors - not proper football.

And we had Ancelotti.
OK season before that 12th, before that 8th, before that 8th, before that 7th under illustrious managers like Koeman, Silva, Allardyce etc

If we are saying Lampard is no better than Koeman, Silva and Ancelotti we are in trouble.

Not a back 3 fan really, but I watched us get rinsed playing a back 4 against an MLS side. I think we are bad at every system because our players are bad.

I think it just needs tweaking. Mykolenko, to me, is naff going forwards so I'd make him basically stay back and move across to form a back 3 when attacking so Patterson, very good offensively, can bomb on.

The above, with 3 midfielders in front, can work.

And we had James, which made Doucoure look good because his job was win it back, pass it to James.
OK season before that 12th, before that 8th, before that 8th, before that 7th under illustrious managers like Koeman, Silva, Allardyce etc

If we are saying Lampard is no better than Koeman, Silva and Ancelotti we are in trouble.

I think it just needs tweaking. Mykolenko, to me, is naff going forwards so I'd make him basically stay back and move across to form a back 3 when attacking so Patterson, very good offensively, can bomb on.

Or put Mykolenko to the left of the 3 because he is a strong defender, and try Vinagre at wing back. I would go for that before moving to a 4.

I also think a big part of Mykolenko looking average going forward is the amount of times he's looked up and had no one, or only Tony Gordon ahead of him in the box. Not exactly a good situation to launch a cross into the box. If it's DCL I bet he throws it into the mix far more often.

If we had a competent centre forward then everything changes. We hold the ball up, we get up the pitch, we can push our wing backs up, and we can put balls into the box. The pressure is also reduced on the defence when the ball doesn't come straight back.

Or put Mykolenko to the left of the 3 because he is a strong defender, and try Vinagre at wing back. I would go for that before moving to a 4.

I also think a big part of Mykolenko looking average going forward is the amount of times he's looked up and had no one, or only Tony Gordon ahead of him in the box. Not exactly a good situation to launch a cross into the box. If it's DCL I bet he throws it into the mix far more often.

But that still leaves us with 2 centre mids which is just atrocious. I just don't like this formation at Everton at all.

You could maybe do 3-5-2 with 3 centre mids and 2 strikers but we don't have the personnel.

Agree more of a 532 with two good forwards and another more productive midfielder. Alli also becomes an option off the front man too. If we get a six a Gana or Garner we could also play 433 though

God almighty! Just read that we are trying to hijack Maupay's move to Forest to partner him with Adams ??

Shoot me now. What an awful strike partnership that would be. How could a side actually spend money to acquire such a bad pair? Let's hope he's determined to move to Forest.

Could be just useless gossip mate.

Patterson Tarkowski Coady Mykolenko
I dont agree with you lol
WIth a large majority of these players

Playing 4 at the back

Team that finished 10th, highlighted is the players used this season, IMO we`ve actually improved the team with our signings yet we are without a win.

1660643424525.png

lol

Status
Not open for further replies.