2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.

I’m happy for him to go at the right price, I’d like to think Chelsea can help us with a couple of there players. As much as I like Gordon I’m still not 100% sure he will be that great, but time will tell.
One thing for sure is that Gordon doesn’t improve while with us, so we cash in, he improves and maybe we get some clauses paid or a sell on fee, or we cash in and he stays at the level he is at.

Always unpleasant to see an academy player go, but if he does it’s 40m pure profit on the books and will allow us to do better deals for better players.

It's seemed Frank has had an eye on a few of their players but it's going to go to late in the window

I don't think we'd get 2-3 permanently in exchange for Gordon but with loans or cash paid from us, some could come the other way

Managers often use their past connections. Lucky for us Frank's are with Chelsea rather than Ajax for example....

i know he would want some etc. but for example tuchel has been using them of the bench and hasn’t sold or loaned

Wonder if this is what Lampard meant in yesterdays post match interview where he said “fans need to be patient as we’ll look much different in a few weeks”. Apparently Chelsea‘s interest began earlier in the week so Lampard will have known and possibly already spent the money in his head.

If by 'different' did he mean 'worse'

From a sentiment point of view it will be a bad choice to sell him as he is the future of the club.
From a financial point of view ask Broja and Gallagher in return or no deal
I like Gordon and think he could be special but Gallagher already looks special and Broja could be too.

Honestly, that would be a deal worth taking right now, those two for Gordon.

Evertonians begging Chelsea to come in for Gordon and take him for a few quid are like serfs beseeching the Lord of the Manor to take their family members in exchange for a few chickens and goats.

Get off your knees.
Erm
Think its Chelsea doing the asking David , as was Newcastle & Spurs.
Be Forest next.
They all been told no.

But money really does talk.

Pull their kecks down Kevin.

Status
Not open for further replies.