Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

We don't need new signings up front, we just need all of McNeil, Gordon, Gray, Iwobi and Doucouré to simultaneously increase their goals scored per season by about 500% each then we'll be absolutely fine. This seems to be the approach the club is taking, anyway. That'd probably get us the 50 goals we'll need this season to survive.
And yet the club is still being linked with strikers and forwards which strongly suggests we will be reinforcing our frontline before the window closes.
Some patience is required at this point, although I understand the frustration.

And yet the club is still being linked with strikers and forwards which strongly suggests we will be reinforcing our frontline before the window closes.
Some patience is required at this point, although I understand the frustration.
I've genuinely never known a football team seemingly willingly forfeit multiple games at the very start of a season, particularly when the previous season was an utter disaster and they were making such a big deal about it never happening again.

Should have signed Cornet.
The funny thing is that we actually tried but were not able to get him which indicate clearly that he must have been at the top of the list of players we wanted to sign.
I am sure we had the money but it seems that now the way we are doing our business is by making very low offers and hope that eventually we get them to the negotiation table and save some money. It's understandable but not when you need to replace the only attacking threat that we were in a rush to sell.

Maybe we should just play 5-3-2 at the moment with Dele off of Rondon and then look to bring Gordon, Gray or McNeil on against tired legs? Just a thought, but why play 3 wingers when your target man is injured?

Then sign 2 forwards to compete..

When DCL is fit, then play the wingers in the 5-2-3...

Yeah this invisible attack is working well isn’t it,tossed away very gettable points these last two games ,even having a mediocre attack would have enabled 2 draws at least but the most revered board in the land decided having no goal threat was the best way to start a new season, hot on the heels of near relegation

Yeah this invisible attack is working well isn’t it,tossed away very gettable points these last two games ,even having a mediocre attack would have enabled 2 draws at least but the most revered board in the land decided having no goal threat was the best way to start a new season, hot on the heels of near relegation
The board should have been drummed out after last season. They are the root of our issues. And the owner. Hapless and clueless the lot of them

The funny thing is that we actually tried but were not able to get him which indicate clearly that he must have been at the top of the list of players we wanted to sign.
I am sure we had the money but it seems that now the way we are doing our business is by making very low offers and hope that eventually we get them to the negotiation table and save some money. It's understandable but not when you need to replace the only attacking threat that we were in a rush to sell.
Cornet and Dennis. At least they scored goals last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.