New Everton Stadium Discussion

Don't remember ever saying "are ya going to Goodison" to be honest. That's my point.
I'm thinking it's always "are ya going the match/game"
Is all I'm saying.
yea, but plenty say 'do you remember the game against palace at goodison'
or, where's the cup game? at goodison.
Granted, no one says goodison park but plenty just say Goodison.
It was weird, in the last few seasons of Upton park everyone started calling it the Boelyn, which I had never really heard of (I guess it was the official name)
Goodison will always be Goodison or the old lady.

I was at the opening of the Lusail Stadium in Qatar this evening. It’s massive. 85,000 seats.

I went to the back of the lower half and the view was incredible. I was trying to get a sense of the scale of BMD.

The lower half where I took this photo was 44 rows. I reckon BMD will be as high as the top of the ring just above the corporate boxes but steeper. It’ll be immense.

Attachments

• 8ED46F26-4E9D-4219-8D69-943A7B22F188.jpeg
    8ED46F26-4E9D-4219-8D69-943A7B22F188.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 249
I understand your perspective on this, but you can’t hold the tide of inevitability back.

The name amongst the fanbase is fixed. Only the right sponsor will shift it.
The Etihad
The Emirates
The Kingpower
The Vitality Stadium...

...the sponsor's wishes will be secured. They wont pay upwards of £100M to have some people calling it the Bramley Moore. The media will ALL be instructed to call it whatever corporate sponsors name the club do a deal with.

This isn't like renaming an existing ground, This is a slam dunk in terms of making a corporate name stick.

I think the key to naming is signing with a established brand like a car company or something and signing a long contract.
Plenty in Dublin now refer to Lansdowne road as the Aviva.
Mercedes would be a good bet as their motto is 'nothing but the best'.
They've naming rights for the Falcons stadium here so it's something they do.

Okay, but my point was that no human being that supports Everton will refer to it as “Everton Stadium.”

We need a name for it, though. We can’t just call it “match place” or “game hole,” or whatever. It’ll be Bramley Moore or a snappy sponsor name if we get one.
Haha game hole. If we win a trophy there it can be our glory hole.

The Etihad
The Emirates
The Kingpower
The Vitality Stadium...

...the sponsor's wishes will be secured. They wont pay upwards of £100M to have some people calling it the Bramley Moore. The media will ALL be instructed to call it whatever corporate sponsors name the club do a deal with.

This isn't like renaming an existing ground, This is a slam dunk in terms of making a corporate name stick.
There’s a difference between the media and the fans. I’m talking about the fans. It’s Bramley Moore to them now, and will remain so if we get a garbage sponsor.

There’s a difference between the media and the fans. I’m talking about the fans. It’s Bramley Moore to them now, and will remain so if we get a garbage sponsor.
The fans will parrot what they hear in the media.

Besides, fans know the difference between a location and a stadium.

I understand your perspective on this, but you can’t hold the tide of inevitability back.

The name amongst the fanbase is fixed. Only the right sponsor will shift it.

Correct it will be Bramley Moore until we get a catchy sponsor, then it may begin to change.

However even then "We're all going down to Bramley-Moore at the weekend" will still be correct as the name is right there in stone on the wall. It's the location the *whatever* stadium stands on.

yea, but plenty say 'do you remember the game against palace at goodison'
or, where's the cup game? at goodison.
Granted, no one says goodison park but plenty just say Goodison.
It was weird, in the last few seasons of Upton park everyone started calling it the Boelyn, which I had never really heard of (I guess it was the official name)
Goodison will always be Goodison or the old lady.
No not really !
Everybody I know would understand when I said the game "at home"
I've been going for the best part of 50 years and the only time I think I've had to say Goodison is when discussing matches with people from outside the city who I don't know well !!
The rest know where I mean !!

Go to the stadium website my son, click on "About" aaaaaaaaaand......

View attachment 177102
God bless.
That's what I said: the location not the stadium.

This stadium never has or ever will be Bramley Moore anything.

The stadium name will define the club's home. The location is not going to feature in anyone's lexicon. We'll all know that it's a waterfront stadium, but that'll be it.