New Everton Stadium Discussion

The current economic argument is weak and BMD alone wont change that. Will take a massive increase in residential buildings to change that so decades off. Btw Rice Lane & Orrell Park are closer than Sandhills would be say to Love Lane. However imo a new station won't address crowds as its the size of trains and limitations of train frequency along that track that can only address that.

Tobacco warehouse is already a substantial capacity of accommodation to argue for another station near by. A 50k plus stadium?

Size of trains and frequency? You want to bottle neck sandhills?

Tobacco warehouse is already a substantial capacity of accommodation to argue for another station near by. A 50k plus stadium?

Size of trains and frequency? You want to bottle neck sandhills?
If everybody gets on at Sandhills then the train will be full when it arrives at Vauxhall (or whatever they choose to call it) rendering it pretty much useless until crowds at Sandhills have dissipated.

The Tobbacco warehouse although partially occupied is a long long way off completion.

As a side note was down there this afternoon in the full heat of the day and didn’t smell anything from the treatment plant, that’s certainly a plus.
It's weird how it can go from being ok to being horrendous around there - can depend on wind direction, heat, rain and what I would guess would be some kind of processing timetable in there ?
I've gone past that Crest pub on occasions and at times you'd simply just need to get away from there ASAP.

If everybody gets on at Sandhills then the train will be full when it arrives at Vauxhall (or whatever they choose to call it) rendering it pretty much useless until crowds at Sandhills have dissipated.

The Tobbacco warehouse although partially occupied is a long long way off completion.

Sandhillls takes people to opposite areas of the city... Not everyone will go to the new station, infact why are you even opposing an investment like that? A new stations brings millions around it??

Sandhillls takes people to opposite areas of the city... Not everyone will go to the new station, infact why are you even opposing an investment like that? A new stations brings millions around it??
I'm not opposed I'm just realistic - this city has got to be one of the slowest developing 'big' city's in the country.
I still stand by my point that an extra station will not reduce times fans have to wait without either bigger trains (unlikely as that will mean lengthening many platforms on the network) and/or increasing frequency of trains along that stretch of track. I think they add 2 extra services an hour for aintree races which has smaller attendance than BMD and is more vehicle friendly.

I'm not opposed I'm just realistic - this city has got to be one of the slowest developing 'big' city's in the country.
I still stand by my point that an extra station will not reduce times fans have to wait without either bigger trains (unlikely as that will mean lengthening many platforms on the network) and/or increasing frequency of trains along that stretch of track. I think they add 2 extra services an hour for aintree races which has smaller attendance than BMD and is more vehicle friendly.

The only way to improve movement of people by train through adding a new station is if the new station is on a different line.

The reason we need a station between Moorfields and Sandhills is because it's a distance of getting on for 2 miles and that is ridiculous for the inner city for a metro style train network like Merseyrail.

If we are looking to redevelop the so called Ten Streets we need a station about half way between, no question. That's the reason for the station being necessary. That said, there is zero chance of it being built given the economic climate, the fact that we don't do public transport in this country and even if we do all the money is spent on London.