Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you noticed the two latest strikers we have been linked with (Guirassy and Gyokeres) are both 6 foot 2, as is DCL

We are after a specific type of profile as we want players to suit the system not the other way round

That’s why the McNeil signing was a strange one for me. Cornet suits our set up more than McNeil.

Buy Gyokeres and loan Broja that would give us options.
Think we need a quality wide forward like Terrier or someone like Kalimuendo who could play across the front 3 in theory (though he needs to up his work rate a bit), or to a much lesser extent Dennis. We need goals from that position.

Hold out for a loan for Broja on top of that and he could also play on the left, in a 2 or through the middle.

Everton are rumoured to be in talks with Coventry City striker Viktor Gyökeres regarding a move to Goodison Park. ????
Viktor with a K?

If you know you know.

BCS_206_UC_0908_0643_RT.0.jpg

Everton are rumoured to be in talks with Coventry City striker Viktor Gyökeres regarding a move to Goodison Park. ????
Per Toffeeweb.

According to the @eplpodden Twitter account, the 24-year-old prospect is negotiating with the Toffees and looks set to leave the Championship side before the deadline, a suggestion lent more credence by Alan Myers of Sky Sports who confirmed that Gyökeres is one of the attacking options the club are looking at.

Gyökeres was originally brought to Engand from IF Brommapojkarna in his native Sweden by Brighton & Hove Albion in 2018 who loaned him out to St Pauli in Germany and both Swansea and Coventry before the Sky Blues snapped him up in a permanent deal a year ago.

He played 46 times, had his most productive season yet, notching 18 goals and, if there is any truth to this report, has caught the eye of Everton's scouts. He has also been capped seven times by his country and has two goals to his name for their senior side.

Good work my son, keep us posted with any more transfer updates please.

God bless.

Has has a decent season, and we can count on United really helping our FFP / P&S issues for next year.

Think that's a great shout - United are clutching at straws at the moment. Going for Arnautovic is bizarre.

I reckon if DCL featured more last season and finished with a tally of maybe 10 goals, I think he goes.

I don't know about you though but seeing finishes like this Gyökeres makes feels more like what we need.

I am however absolutely loving watching United trying to figure out how to move on post-Ferguson. I think they'll be in the ether if they continue on the way they are. Fans moaning they've not had any big signings but when you look at people like Cavani, Ronnie, Pogba - they're all huge, and still no results. Ten Hags has his job cut out.

…impressive, I’d be happy if there was more substantial links at this point given the urgency of the situation.
Don't you think he's a bit short to play centre forward and be up top on his own ?

Aguero did it but he was a very special talent.

bit of an odd link that coventry one. Would understand if it was a teenager or 20/21, but at 24 surely hes sort of hit the level ?

Status
Not open for further replies.