Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who are you thinking then?

Well this lad is apparently going to cost £12m+ and I’m pretty sure Brereton will be similar, the 2 in France are around that.

Even if he was the only affordable one I’d rather not spend what we have left just for the sake of it. You need far more than just physical attributes to do well in the PL up front otherwise we’d just have snagged Benteke for £5m.

Not at all, as you say there is still a few weeks left but we need firepower and creativity in the team now and have done for weeks. I'm more than happy to wait and see what happens though.
He might be the out of the blue player that we are after, but so far when there has been a genuine link and it's a player out the blue, we have already been in advanced negotiations by the time it gets out.

Think we still have room in the budget for better personally and Kev and Frank won't rush it as they want the right player.

Well this lad is apparently going to cost £12m+ and I’m pretty sure Brereton will be similar, the 2 in France are around that.

Even if he was the only affordable one I’d rather not spend what we have left just for the sake of it. You need far more than just physical attributes to do well in the PL up front otherwise we’d just have snagged Benteke for £5m.
We should have been in for him the moment Richarlison left tbh

Are we?

Still 3 weeks left. Most of our deals have been completed within a week.

We don't know how much money we have left. I read an article earlier saying we still have budget available for a striker (that was alongside Gueye).

DCL got injured a week ago. We have 3 weeks to go and most of our actual signings have come a bit out the blue and sorted quickly. We aren't desperate yet.

Need one this week not in 3 weeks, unless ur happy writing off the first few games

I'd love to get one in this week, but it needs to be the right man. Bringing in someone out of desperation who then scores 1 goal all season because he was the wrong player won't help either.

Trust in Kev and Frank to get it sorted.

It will be 1 more goal than Gordon is going to get carrying on as striker

Everton fans "We should look to the Championship for players"
Linked to a Championship player.
Everton fans "He only looks good cos hes playing against Championship players"

2Kn.gif

I know it's not the best comparison (24 vs 21, plays more upfront it seems), but Gyökeres scored one more goal than Brennan Johnson last season. Quite a few Coventry fans giving him glowing reviews. Maybe we get him on permanent and loan another forward in. Not a bad option.

Anybody watched Joel Piroe from Swansea last season ?, scored a lot of goals in the championship last season, thinking if we're looking at that level, he'd be in the mix

News that both West Ham and Newcastle have been knocked back in loan offers in the past two days for Gallagher.

Still think this will be a late addition for us actually - after Chelsea add a new centre mid
A 4-3-3 with a Gana, Onana, Gallagher midfield setup is quite an exciting proposition. I personally think he’ll stay at Chelsea at least until January

He’s a championship level striker. Some strikers are in the championship but have attributes to succeed in PL (eg Pedro & Dennis at Watford; maybe Brereton-Diaz) and others are just not quite good enough. Gyokeres is the latter for me as his technique is mediocre and he is less physical and good in the air than you would expect for his size.
Watched him a lot have you? I didn't know his name until a few hours ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.