Confirmed Signing Amadou Onana

Status
Not open for further replies.

Although I reserve judgement on this guy til I've seen him misplace his third pass of the match after 15 minutes against promoted opposition at home, any signing that winds David Moyes up enough to turn his back in a huff is a good thing imo.

According to the Belgian press he/his ‘team’ spoke to Martinez, Lukaku and Fellaini when they were sifting offers. We should not underestimate how big a part their apparently rave review of the club, facilities and fans played in him quickly focusing on us. If he does well that will again put us in prime position for the next wave of young Belgian talent. Hopefully Thelwell is smart enough to leverage any such marginal advantage in future.

When I step back, I’m actually blown away that we’re making this signing right now. I really didn’t think we’d have the money to make a big purchase like this until at least next season. And it’s a top prospect at a position of massive need, who spurned a club in London playing in Europe to come to us. Not a player in his late 20s who has already reached their ceiling.This is really, really big for us.

I hope he succeeds and I can’t wait to watch him. Welcome to our new #8

Amadou-Onana-019.JPG
Is that him in the waiting room to see the physio? Got injured in the photoshoot?

Status
Not open for further replies.