Confirmed Signing Conor Coady

Status
Not open for further replies.
You say hes not good enough for a back 4, has he ever played in a back 4 for you?

Like I said the other day I watched wolves v Beskitas in Alicante and he came on in a 4 and was run ragged and was very poor.

Granted only one game but a snapshot of how he performs in that system.

Seems we’re going with a 3 at the back and who are you going to get that’s better than him for that system.

I stated a few days ago that i was meh about signing Coady. I welcome him now. We need someone through the door quick & it's not a panic buy as we clearly had a plan before the injuries to get him in anyway. I just hope it's not a silly contract.
Hopefully Keane sees his place in the pecking order now & leaves this window.
If we’re to continue with 3 CB Keane won’t be going anywhere as we’ve shipped Branthwaite out on loan. Tbh much as Holgate and Keane put the fear of God into me, I think both of them would show better performances alongside Tarks and Coady. Takes the burden of leadership off them. They are privates not generals, and asking them to act as generals was always asking for trouble.

I don't want to rain on the back four brigade's parade, but, it looks as though, finally, signings are being made because the manager and DOF see them suiting a particular system. I'm pretty sure Lampard wants Coady, because his preferred system is three at the back and that is the system in which Coady shines.

That's not to say that I don't think Coady can play in a four, I'm sure he can and to a higher standard than Keane, nor does it mean I like the back three system, I hate it actually, but, I think that at the moment, with what he has at his disposal, Lampard thinks it is the best system in which to consolidate.

This is fine as long as we don’t knee jerk sack Frank at the first sign of headwind. Having a random collection of players suited to different systems is part of why we are in this current mess. We need strategic thinking at every level of the club

If we’re to continue with 3 CB Keane won’t be going anywhere as we’ve shipped Branthwaite out on loan. Tbh much as Holgate and Keane put the fear of God into me, I think both of them would show better performances alongside Tarks and Coady. Takes the burden of leadership off them. They are privates not generals, and asking them to act as generals was always asking for trouble.

…Keane was awful on the right of a three last time we tried it for a few games. I think it was Stoke away where he couldn’t cope without the security of a RB and their left side (Peters?) had free reign.

I don't want to rain on the back four brigade's parade, but, it looks as though, finally, signings are being made because the manager and DOF see them suiting a particular system. I'm pretty sure Lampard wants Coady, because his preferred system is three at the back and that is the system in which Coady shines.

That's not to say that I don't think Coady can play in a four, I'm sure he can and to a higher standard than Keane, nor does it mean I like the back three system, I hate it actually, but, I think that at the moment, with what he has at his disposal, Lampard thinks it is the best system in which to consolidate.
I’m convinced that FL preferred system is a back 3 / 5. As soon as he arrived, next u23 game they reverted to that. And that explains the interest in Coady.

Not bothered what system we play as long as it works

Status
Not open for further replies.